Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bigstorm87   DanaJ   Bigstorm87   DanaJ   Bigstorm87   DanaJ   Blondekiss x  

Member  Message

Bigstorm87
View Profile

Veiled Broken Ribs

Hey Yall!!! I am new to the forum and new to owning a Veiled Cham. I have owned and cared for reptiles for many years and wanted to try something new. I bought a baby Sunburst Veiled about 2-3 months ago (when he was about a month old). Everything seemed to be going great until one day I started noticing he had small bumps on his ribs. He he exhales, the ribs bend at the bumps AND where the ribs are meant to bend naturally. He gets calcium dusted crickets about every other day and a few wax worms here and there.

Falls: He has taken a few falls (a few weeks after I bought him) and he was fine. Now these bumps appear.

Activity: He has been having trouble breathing when he eats. Say after he eats he needs to catch his breath and it sounds like he gasps for air (he makes a squeaking sound and opens his mouth wide). He is also hand fed. He tries to mimic the wind while trying to catch crickets, but he mimics too wildly (like he is not stable) and can’t catch them. Sometimes on a few occasions he looks like he is going to throw up!

Well there you have it guys. I love my herps!!! I would never purposely do anything detrimental to their health!! I’m really baffled. I know they are probably broken ribs that are effecting his health, but I have no clue what to do with the little guy.

10/19/11  01:53pm

DanaJ
View Profile

Message To: Bigstorm87   In reference to Message Id: 2241125

Veiled Broken Ribs

I’m new to having a veiled chameleon too. I’ve wanted one since I was young and was going to get one until we got our eyes on a beardie. But I finnaly have one,anyhow,my best bet is to take him to the vet.I don’t know if chameleons can gets casts on or anything. So I’d just take him to the vet. I’m very sorry :( Can you show a picture?

10/20/11  09:06am

Bigstorm87
View Profile

Message To: DanaJ   In reference to Message Id: 2241226

Veiled Broken Ribs

I can try and post pics, but it doesn’t look like anyone can offer any advise....

10/24/11  03:06pm

DanaJ
View Profile

Message To: Bigstorm87   In reference to Message Id: 2241793

Veiled Broken Ribs

This part of the site’s kind of dead,I don’t know why,I don’t have problems with my Cham so I don’t need this forum right now. I’m usually on the Anoles,Bearded Dragon and the Leopard Gecko forum.

10/26/11  07:24am

Bigstorm87
View Profile

Message To: DanaJ   In reference to Message Id: 2241980

Veiled Broken Ribs

LOL funny thing is people post up above this thread and and BAM they have tons of views. Anyway, even though I never did post any pics (mainly cuz I never had time), my Cham’s ribs ARE healing. He is catching crickets on his own again and seems to be doing well. A little worried that it has done something to effect is growth though since he hasn’t grown a whole lot and I heard they grow fast.

10/27/11  02:03pm

DanaJ
View Profile

Message To: Bigstorm87   In reference to Message Id: 2242106

Veiled Broken Ribs

Ok,take care(;

10/27/11  04:15pm

Blondekiss x
View Profile

Message To: DanaJ   In reference to Message Id: 2242116

Veiled Broken Ribs

You need to dust wit calcium without D3 every feeder every feed, wit D3 twice a month and multi vits twice a month!!

12/10/11  07:14pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area