Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chameleons Forum

Sio   Robzob   Sio  
 Member  Message

Sio
View Profile

Water, lots of it.

Im sure there is an amazingly simple solution to this, but I cant figure it out. I put repti bark in my chams place because I thought it would make her more comfortable. Give her the feeling shes at home, you know. Anyways, I was getting everything ready for bed and I noticed the repti bark move! I checked and there was so much freaking water at the bottom of her cage. I mist twice a day and I bought something called The Little Dripper. Is has this little skinny black pipe that goes into the cage, and it just sits there and normally, it drips into the plant. Today, she grabbed the pipe and swung on it and stayed there, so the water wasnt going into the plant. But it was so much water at the bottom. What am I doing wrong?
-Sio

11/26/06  11:13pm

Robzob
View Profile

Message To: Sio   In reference to Message Id: 1074157

Water, lots of it.

You should trim the pipe from the dripper to a shorter length so that your cham canít use it as a vine/branch. When the cham grabs the pipe it will disrupt the intended path of the water dropplets. Position the pipe so that it drips onto a fixed object, like a branch/plant stem/leaf etc., and follow the path of the droplets making sure they only end in one concentrated area of the cage...this is where you should place a bowl of some sort, like a tupperware, to catch the water. Make sure it holds as much water as the dripper does so that it wont overflow. It can be a drowning hazard for smaller/baby chams so be cautious, but since its at the bottom of the cage a larger cham usually isnít around it. Youíll want to find a way to do this because youíre going to be dealing with a lot of unwanted water messes. I flooded the area around my cage a few times when I first got the dripper because I wasnít thinking the little dropplets would ammount to much...but they do! hehe

11/26/06  11:49pm

Sio
View Profile

Message To: Robzob   In reference to Message Id: 1074193

Water, lots of it.

Tupperware, yes. Thats brilliant. Thank you so much.

-Sio

11/27/06  12:51am

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area