Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Centipedes-Millipedes Forum

Loki77   Cacoseraph   Loki77  
 Member  Message

Loki77
View Profile

Feeding Centipedes

I keep my Yellow Legged centipede in a tank with peet moss and I rarely see it eat anything, in fact, I rerely see it at all. I hear they are voracious eaters, but crickets just die in the tank and I find dead mealworms in the moss - Iíve had it for about a month and it seems fine, but concerned that itís not eating much. How do you get them to eat crickets? Should I remove half of the moss (about an inch and half deep)??

11/14/05  03:07am

Cacoseraph
View Profile

Message To: Loki77   In reference to Message Id: 542199

Feeding Centipedes

well, centipedes are not as crazy as some would lead you to believe. the good rule of thumb i use is to not feed them anything twice as large as the centipedes head... otherwise the centipede will probably be afraid and hide =P

i have a few centipedes that *are* a little crazier and they can eat large crickets without running away... but these are centipedes that are 6" long, counting only their body (not legs or antenna)

how long is your centipede?

11/14/05  12:53pm

Loki77
View Profile

Message To: Cacoseraph   In reference to Message Id: 542438

Feeding Centipedes

Thanks for your response. The centipede is about 4 inches (body). Iíll take your advice of not giving it large food. I will switch to smaller- baby crickets and smaller mealworms. Thank you!

11/15/05  01:51pm

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area