Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Centipedes-Millipedes Forum

Herpsnherbs420   Keirax   Pestcontrol01  
 Member  Message

Herpsnherbs420
View Profile

Plz read even tho no pic plz .:] need help

i just recently caught wat i believe is a North american tiger centipede . i caught it down south in california. its about 3 inches maybe . it was in a somewat desert ish dry environment in the mountains . so i got in a somewat desert set up . its in a big gatorade bottle right now but it seems to be alright . i fed it a darkling beetle, it attacked it , killed it, began eating it, and didnt finish it . can anyone tell me why ? will it eat ? or is it full or something ? just worried. dont want it to die . any tips and pointers will be extremely appreciated . experienced in herps. new to centipedes . i also caught a scorpion. but thats a diff. forum. please . and thank you . :]

09/06/10  01:22pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Herpsnherbs420   In reference to Message Id: 2173964

for one i hope you got a cage for the little guy not a empty bottle. A small critter carrier will be great for it. I would look it up online see if you can find one that looks like it and do some research on what they eat, the enviorments they live in and the temps they need. as long as its eatting some i wouldnt worry to much but im not a proffesional on centipedes so i would deffently look up what you can

09/13/10  03:28am

Pestcontrol01
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175233

Well centipedes are generally harmless to humans with the exception of larger centipedes which can bite if injured, causing a light swelling; results can be severe allergic reaction to its venom. They do not damage food supplies or household furnishings. For more information you can check this http://eliminateem.com/centipedes/

04/08/11  07:10am

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area