Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Centipedes-Millipedes Forum

Animals_are_my_life   Cacoseraph   Matti  
 Member  Message

Animals_are_my_life
View Profile

Millipede bugs

Hey, um my Giant African black millipede(with red legs) has tiny bugs all over it, I know its natural but I think their getting out of hand, any suggestions on what I can put on my millipede to make them go away? This is my 1st millipede so....I dont really know what to do about the bugs

06/04/07  12:17pm

Cacoseraph
View Profile

Message To: Animals_are_my_life   In reference to Message Id: 1305465

Millipede bugs

you probably donít want to get rid of all of them. plus, virtually anything you put on the millipede to repel the mites is probably not going to be too good for the millipede

you can mechanically remove the mites by either washing them off with water or removing each one individually by very lightly dabbing a qtip in vasoline (petroleum jelly) and removing them with the qtip. just make sure you donít use too much as you can probably hurt the millipede if you clogged up the breathing or other holes that are on itís sides.

oh yeah, if you use the water method i believe you need to be kind of tricky as the mites will hunker down and be REALLY hard to remove if the first initial blast doesnít knock them off.

alterately, you could try keeping the milli a little drier and make conditions slightly less salubrious for the mites. i believe they are not parasites and thus might be more susceptible to drying out.

06/06/07  12:58am

Matti
View Profile

Message To: Animals_are_my_life   In reference to Message Id: 1305465

Millipede bugs

put some vaseline on a cotton bud and put over the mites and they will come then you just wipe off the vaseline with a clean cotton bud

06/24/07  11:56am

Back to Centipedes-Millipedes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area