Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Cats Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lani123   KrazyKelli   Lani123   Winkpw   Winkpw   Lani123   Winkpw   Lani123   Mk17rules   Lani123   Mk17rules   Lani123   Mk17rules   Lani123   Mk17rules   Lani123   Mk17rules  

Member  Message

Lani123
View Profile

Oh my Gosh. I really need help!

OK I am the stupidest person ever. My mice have the ringworm, so I freaked. The way I’m treating the mice is with tea tree oil. The dilution is 150ml of water with about 14-15 drops of tea tree. I was freaking out because my family is making me give up my hobby because of the ringworms and I didn’t want my cats to get the ringworm, so I put some on them! I put the diluted solution only on there neck. It was about 3 sprays per cat. I feel terrible, because after the cats didn’t really like the small and they ran, so I Googled it to find out that it’s TOXIC TO CATS! I put some water on a paper towel and needed it out of there fur 2 times per cat with new water each time. I saw Happi lick some. Are they going to die?! please answer soon! Go ahead and call my stuplid, but I already know I’m the worst person alive!

03/18/12  01:41am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2259190

Can you please stop causing problems for your pets? =P I see you all over the place and it’s always abscess this, eye problem that, thin beardie here, cat there. Thin the herd a little or something by adopting out.

If your parents don’t want you to have the mice, you should honor their request. They’re your parents, it’s their house, they should be respected above all else.

Bathe the cats immediately with a fine no-tear cat shampoo or dawn dish soap (avoid the eyes, ears, and face). That’s the only way to ensure that it’s all off. And call the vet or poison control center for assistance. They’ll tell you what to do. Sometimes you have to bring the cat in immediately, sometimes you just have to wash it off and monitor the cat. Don’t induce vomiting unless directed, as some products can cause more damage coming back up. They’ll tell you what to do.

Don’t assume that the vet wont be helpful. Call immediately. Don’t wait days. Cats can hide signs that there’s something wrong, like kidney failure, until you notice them dropping weight weeks to months down the line. And then they’re suffering that whole time. Not cool.

In the future, get actual products that treat things. Stop doing home remedies. Soon I’ll find a thread about how your dog has mange and you apply motor oil to ’treat’ it. Don’t go that way, seriously. It ends up in someone reporting you, animal control coming to your house, and everything being taken away. Then your parents get large fines for ’abuse’/’neglect’.

03/18/12  01:02pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2259217

OK, never mind my other pets. My parents say they are fine so does everyone. So I think this can close. The thread. My dog is fine. OK. Stop. Please. Like I said to Wink, you don’t know it all. I’ve been to the vet countless times for all these animals I have. And the cats were washed, look OK. It’s fine. I was freaking out last light, to make sure all my mice didn’t have to go.

03/18/12  01:58pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2259221

Um, right what you said to me and the others is basically you confessing about how you neglected your animals, and as a result they’re now malnutritioned, and sick. You do realize that 99.99 percent of all your pet problems are a result of your own loonish acts right? I know I’m gonna get a lot of, "I’m gonna report you to the webmaster for this, you’re causing drama."- That’s fine. This is a reptile forum, and furthermore a pet enthusiast and caretaker forum. I am allowed to critique someones pet keeping abilities especially when it is so disgustingly horrid. Lani123, look at the condition of your animals none of them are healthy, they’re getting healthier sure because we told you what to do, but you’ve openly confessed to neglecting them, your defense was, "It was a really important time of my life. Sorry I had better things to do then take care of animals" that’s what you said to us. That was YOUR defense.

Out of respect for a life, it is your duty as a responsible individual to perhaps seek out new homes for your animals.

Sincerely,
Paul.

03/18/12  10:21pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 2259274

Just an FYI: You also do notice Lani123 you’re ALWAYS making forum posts about problems with your pets, my beardie is allergic, my beardie is skinny, my beardie has a parasite, my leopard geckos tail is skinny, oh he was just hibernating thats why, my leopard gecko has an abscess, can i do surgery on my leopard gecko by myself, i cant afford a vet, ok ill go to the vet, my corn snake is sick, my corn snake isn’t eating, should i buy another corn snake,

03/18/12  10:25pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 2259276

I already closed this topic :) I’m not sure what you wrote, but I don’t plan on reading it because I already closed this topic. And, I have to go feed Carrot :) Thank you.

03/19/12  08:30pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2259424

That’s fine. I’m sure the other members will read it :)

03/19/12  08:37pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 2259426

...O..K..

03/19/12  08:37pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 2259274

Quote:

Out of respect for a life, it is your duty as a responsible individual to perhaps seek out new homes for your animals.

that was a low blow wink! atleast lani123 is seeing improvement on her animals !!! mistakes happen!! or even an animal is sick when its born !!
a very good example i have of its not always the owners fault is :
i adopted these 2 gorgeous kittens in 2008 we named them fenway and fluffy. fenway a very gorgeous siamese/snowshoe mix 3 months old. fluffy a very fluffy maine coon 2 months old.
after 7 months i noticed fenways eyes had started going in completely different directions. so me being very concerned made my parents take her to the vet.. we got there and they ran tests and the tests came up clear... well 2 months later she stopped eating and was getting very skinny and started walking with her claws out. so once again i made my parents take her to a vet again ( a different vet i must add) and they ran tests once again test came up as nothing was wrong with her... well a week later one night at 11:00pm my mom brought her to me and said hold her very close to u we need to take her to the vet.. now! and i said how come? and she said she cant walk or control her bladder .. so we took her to yet a completely different 24 hour vet and they did same amount of tests... the tests this time came up as kidney failure and liver disease.... and it was i either pay $1,500-$3,000 for her to stay there a month for a 15% chance of her even making it til the morning or put her to sleep.. a very hard but right choice i made was put her to sleep.. she had suffered enough.. and we put her to sleep... it was the hardest thing i have ever done but the best! even after almost 4 years it is very hard .. it also is still the hardest thing i have ever had to do........ she was my bestfriend... i know i might sound like a baby but u didnt know how me n her were...... but that is how its sometimes not the owners fault!!! she was born with it and it jus took a year to show.. i had her for 9 months.. she was 3 days away from being a year.... it sucked...
but lani123 dont let people like wink tell u this crap!! at least u are seeing improvement on ur animals !! espescially ur leos!!

this is my gorgeous angel fenway... i miss her soooo much...

then her and the other kitten we adopted..
RIP
Fenway Fresca Bright
May 19,2008~May 16,2009
I miss u soooo much baby girl!! so does fluffy!!

03/25/12  08:15pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2260157

Ooo. I just read all this stuff. OK, thank you Mk. that was nice. I am doing my best with my pet’s. The leo’s are doing good. Thank you. i’m glad you think so :)

And wink. My dear. I’m not going to throw down with you again, it’s a wast of my time. I think you really want me to get all mad. But that’s not What i need to be doing right now. Blowing up the past. Well it’s not worth your time either. it’s not affecting my cats. That’s what this post is about, my cats. And btw. Please stop bringing up the past. It’s silly :D Just to let you know, me and the other members are trying to make friends again.

Everyone! The cat’s are good! -Crosses Fingers-. No weird signs. Thanks!

03/28/12  06:01pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2260498

your welcome :) i read this and saw that wink had put what not only he had told me before but a few others and it made me mad. people make mistakes some more than others.. but no one and i mean no one should ever be told to get rid of their animals because of mistakes its not right. and that is really good your cats are doing good :) super happy to hear that :)

03/28/12  06:56pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2260508

Thanks. I just walked by my cat with my hoodies draw-strings flying out. Tiger (one of the cats) bat at them and we started to play :) I know shes not sick, lol.

03/28/12  07:02pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2260511

lol thats good :) my newest kitten he is a really fluffy black grey and brown cat he is starting to go more towards a really shiney black though so he is loosing the grey n brown :( but anyways i will be walking down the stairs and next thing u know ur hearing meow! lol n then i swear i trip over him sooooo much he is always under my feet xD im scared imma end up hurting him one day its like come on buddy walk on the side of me like the other cats do hahah xD

03/29/12  09:53pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2260635

Yeah. Sometimes cats are so found of their people they gotta walk RIGHT their with you, lol. I know how ya feel, I was walking and my cat was their. So instead of pinning her between my legs, I just decided to fall myself. Better for her. Plus I think I owed her one for the tea tree thingy, lol.

03/30/12  01:28am

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2260667

hahah yeah :) mine he is a terror lol we have 2 males and goodness they both are freaking terrors together me n my friend always say they have a plan to like get into everything and destroy it hahah :) i honestly believe that though because they have destroyed my moms carpet and my sisters lol

03/30/12  02:46am

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2260671

Oh cats. Gotta love em!

03/30/12  03:00am

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2260673

yeah hahha :) i do a lot i have 5 and have one that is some one elses but i like her a lot so i all her mine :) hahah she follows me everywhere when i go walking! its awesome hahah she will literally follow me to my house and look at me like take me in :) its cute hahah i call her flame :) cuz she looks a lot like fenway except flame is a flame point siamese hahah she is gorgeous :) its funny cuz i will be driving by with my mom and i will make her stop to see if i can see her hiding hahah and then next thing u know u hear meeowwww lol :) then u see this adorable fluffy white and orange cat run out from under a tree or from a back yard hahah :) she is cute.

03/31/12  03:45am

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area