Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Lconn1   Spirit1wild   Lconn1   Peeper gal  
 Member  Message

Lconn1
View Profile

Kitten cold?

lucy is 3 months old and has been with us for about 2 weeks. i just recently noticed that shes had pretty watery eyes for the past couple days. occasionally when her eyes are open i notice it kind of resting on her eyeball. it just looks like clearish gunk. they look pretty watery and after she blinks a few times it runs down outside of her eyes and has almost a greenish color.

i havent noticed any other symptoms though. no sneezing, nothing coming from her nose, and shes eating just fine. shes due back to the vet in a month for more shots. is this something i need to bring her in for before that or would she be fine until we go back in a month?

05/14/11  06:26pm

Spirit1wild
View Profile

Message To: Lconn1   In reference to Message Id: 2219056

Kitten cold?

Personally I would bring her back to the vet just to be sure. Could be several things, eye infection, some sort of irritation, scratch or it could be the start of upper respiratory infection even though she dont have sneezing/runny nose. She could be allergic to something too. They can have allergies just like people do.
If the discharge is greenish, the first thing I would think is infection.

Is it just in one eye or both?

05/16/11  02:21am

Lconn1
View Profile

Message To: Spirit1wild   In reference to Message Id: 2219325

Kitten cold?

its both. it hasnt been as bad the past few days though. im still gonna give the vet a call and ask them.

05/16/11  10:17am

Peeper gal
View Profile

Message To: Lconn1   In reference to Message Id: 2219362

Kitten cold?

if you live in the country get it its rabies shots and ask the vet if its distemper if it is either one ask for it to be put down don’t let the kitty suffer

08/20/11  03:42pm

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area