Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Lconn1   Patchlover   Peeper gal  
 Member  Message

Lconn1
View Profile

Yet another post: to get a second cat, or not to get a second cat?

after this whole scare, me and my boyfriend were discussing that IF liam was to not end up making we, we would want to get another cat but it would have to be a girl cuz having another boy after liam would never be the same.

however, now that thank god hes okay, we still kinda want to get another girl cat anyway. liam is neutered so thats not an issue.

my question issss

what are the pros and cons of adding a second cat to our little family? will liam not be as cuddly with me anymore if he has playmate? i know theres a chance of them not getting along but hes still young and ive heard the younger the better when introducing new cats. but i would really just hope that liam doesnt distance himself from me. i want him to have a playmate so he has someon to be with when we arent home.

any thoughts?

05/02/11  09:48pm

Patchlover
View Profile

Message To: Lconn1   In reference to Message Id: 2217058

pros: Liam will have a friend, you wont have to worry about him being alone, and it might make him more active(playing chase ect...) cons: Liam may not like the other cat, if something happens to one of them the other will be devastated, more food and more litterbox cleaning :)

06/09/11  07:07pm

Peeper gal
View Profile

Message To: Lconn1   In reference to Message Id: 2217058

yes animals suffer if they don’t have others of they’re same species my lil kitty is very happy to have other cats even though they hate him

08/20/11  03:16pm

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area