Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Rae rae   KrazyKelli   KrazyKelli   Rae rae   KrazyKelli  
 Member  Message

Rae rae
View Profile

Cat litter

what’s the best cat litter? the one that clumps the best...i hate it when litter falls apart and you end up having to clean the whole box instead of just picking up a clump. also which is best on smell? right now i use arm and hammer multi-cat even though i only have one cat. i figured it would work better. i know tidy cats sucks! her litter box is cleaned out once a day...every single passing day without fail. i cannot and will not do odors in my house! but i’m wondering if there’s a better litter out there i don’t know about.

02/11/11  11:14pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2204458

Cat litter

It really all depends on the brand. I’ve yet to try FreshStep, and that may be the next one I go for. Right now I’m using the Arm&Hammer double-duty one (it REALLY works for smells, provided the cat covers.)

Was using TidyCat and some other cheaposcoopables for a while. They never did it for the smell and clumping, and were real dusty. Not that the Arm&Hammer was much better for the dust. Though there was that one TidyCat Crystals that I liked for a time.

A good non-dusty scooping catlitter I found was TheWorld’sBestCatLitter. The stuff was fantastic.... yet I stopped using it for 2 reasons. 1. It was downright expensive. and 2. the ’multicat’ version smelled like burning hay whenever the cat crapped in the box. You could try out the normal version and see if it works for you.

Litters like FelinePine (pellet litters) sorta work well for cleaning, have no dust, and have a great smell, as the pellets turn to dirt when piss hits them. Only prob was that my cats HATED the pellet feel to it and never wanted to use it. Ended up having better use in my garden. ^^`

Don’t know how the crystal and newspaper litters work.

Worse comes to worse, you could always pay a ton for those self-cleaning litterboxes. Those things, the times I’ve seen them, are fantastic. They work immediately after the cat goes and you never have to change the litter or scoop it ever. The only reason I haven’t gotten one myself is that one of my cats raises his butt and tries to spray as high as possible.. Little screwball...

02/28/11  01:57pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2207363

Cat litter

Checked the net and wanted to bring up that TidyCat Crystals, the one I use to like using, has undergone some change in recent history and now sucks. I don’t know what they did to it. Use to do wonders for me..... Now supposedly it wont clump and people are giving randomly bad reviews to the new version. I’m sad deep down over this news.

02/28/11  02:02pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2207366

Cat litter

i knew better than to try the pellet kind because my sister tried that with her cat, and he quit using the litter box all together and she had to switch back. i was wondering about the worlds best cat litter. i’ve seen the commercials and we have a local pet store here that carries it. i never looked at the price though. and you’re right, it all depends on if the cat decides to cover it up. when sasha sometimes decides she doesn’t want to cover it for whatever reason, it stinks!

what’s wonderful is for the past 9 1/2 months i haven’t had to touch the litter box...being pregnant! since i work for a vet i figured my body had built up the titers it needed to be immuned to toxoplasmosis. but i had the doctor test me anyway....and i had no immunity. i have not been exposed to it. i just looked at the nurse and said..."I KNEW I WAS GOOD AT WASHING MY HANDS!" hahahaha! so that meant at work no cleaning of cat mess and at home. i’m going to take advantage of it until this kid pops out...which will be in 10 days! i’m being induced on the 11th...yay! i’m so miserable.

anyway, thanks for the advice on the litter, now my hubby wants to try that worlds best cat litter stuff. so maybe we’ll give that a shot.

03/01/11  01:05am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2207539

Cat litter

If you have a Meijer around you, or some other super grocer, they should be selling a smaller bag between 6 and 8 dollars. Then you can try it out. The World’s Best Catlitter is made of corn, and biodegradable.

Link

They use to have a ’get a bag free!’ coupon for pet supply stores on the website. I don’t know if they still do.

03/01/11  01:21am

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area