Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Roxy_Blade   ReptileRodent   Roxy_Blade  
 Member  Message

Roxy_Blade
View Profile

Please help me!

My 4 year old cat, Roxy, has recently gone from being a very outdoors cat to an indoors cat (about 1 month now) and today she has been crying a LOT. She has to be near you, touching if possible. She always pees in her litter tray, but quite often poos next to it (no idea why), but has always gone in the bathroom where her tray is.
Today (after crying lots) she pooed in front of the TV and then peed in the middle of the living room. When my Fiancé went to tell her off, he noticed that her pee was a pinky/reddy colour. I got a little worried but tried not to show it until 20 minutes later when she peed in her litter tray and it had a definite blood colour to it. So now I’m really scared! Why is she acting so strange, seem to have no control over her bowel movements and now seems to be peeing blood???

Im going to take her to the vets first thing tomorrow morning and hope they can help me. I’m really scared though - any ideas as to why she’s peeing blood???

09/14/10  08:08pm

ReptileRodent
View Profile

Message To: Roxy_Blade   In reference to Message Id: 2175495

Please help me!

There are numerous things that it could be, it is good that you are taking her to your Vet tomorrow, that is the best thing you can do for her. I wish you and Roxy the best, and please let us know what you find out!

09/14/10  11:57pm

Roxy_Blade
View Profile

Message To: ReptileRodent   In reference to Message Id: 2175529

Please help me!

Vet said it could be bladder stones. We’ve been given antibiotics, pain relief and some drops that should help dissolve the stones She has to go back next Wednesday for a check up and if there is little or no improvement she may have to be operated on.

Her pee is definitely getting more and more bloody though, so I will be keeping an extremely close eye on her for the next few days and will take her back early if need be.

09/15/10  07:55am

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area