Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Cats Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Senshokukiba   Senshokukiba   Voguestar   Kitty4u8   Mk17rules   Lightninglover   IceGlowFF5   Mk17rules   MuddyIguana  

Member  Message

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Updates on the Kittens!

It has been nearly a year since my mother and I took in five feral kittens, ranging from 6-8 weeks-of-age. To make a long story short, after taking them in, my mother and I decided not to part with them. Here are some updated photos and descriptions of them! C:

This is Sapphire. She and her brother, Hougen, appear to be Snowshoe mixes. She is one of the only kittens that is not terrified of strangers; she will actually greet guests. She is very clingy, and mews when she wants attention.

This is Sapphire’s brother, Hougen. He is very fearful of strangers. If he hears a knock at the door, he bolts, and takes cover in my closet. He is not much of a lap kitty, but he loves being petted. He adores our other cats, and is very fond of cuddling with them. As a final note, he is obsessed with cat toys; he likes carrying jingly balls around the house, and leaving them in my bed covers and shoes.

This is Devlin. He is very skittish around strangers, and even my mother and I; fast, sudden movements spook him. He follows me into my bedroom, each night, crying. When I lye down, he jumps onto my bed and lays on my chest; this only lasts for a few minutes though. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, he will crawl onto my bed, and chew on my hair; it is the weirdest thing. He loves food, and it usually the first kitten to come when treats are being distributed.

This is Grimm, Devlin’s step-brother. Out of our five kittens, he is the friendliest. He is a very lively cat. He likes watching the birds move around outside, and loves racing through the house, after our other cats. He really likes being held, and petted. If he sees me petting another one our cats, he rushes over to be petted.

Finally, this little girl is Ally. She is a very petite cat, weighing only around seven pounds. She is like Hougen, in regards to shyness; strangers really scare her. She sleep with my mother every night. She loves playing with twisty-ties, strings, and fibers from the rug in my room. She likes to carry them around the house, dropping them between couch cushions and in her water bowl--she often drops them on my mom in the middle of the night.

Some final notes: In total, my mother and I own nine cats. All of them are fixed, and current on flea treatments, wormings, and vaccinations.

06/26/10  09:02pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2158761

Updates on the Kittens!

Here are some more photos, just for fun.

06/26/10  09:20pm

Voguestar
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2158766

Updates on the Kittens!

Awwww!!!! They are so cute!!! I love some of their blue eyes ....

06/27/10  01:07am

Kitty4u8
View Profile

Message To: Voguestar   In reference to Message Id: 2158811

Updates on the Kittens!

They are very adorable!! Are they crossed eyed or just seem to look that way? BUt they all are cute and as i read have personality. Good luck with the shy ones maybe you can break the shyness.
Rosie

06/28/10  06:34pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2158766

Updates on the Kittens!

omg Hougen looks almost exactly what my cat Fenway did omg i am gunna cry (because he reminds me so much of her) she died in May of 2009 three days before her 1st birthday and yes Hougen and Saphire are Both SnowShoe Mixes because of how much they look like Fenway (she was a snowshoe/Siameese mix) so i am pretty dang sure they are the same here is a picture of her on i am pretty sure May 1st maybe May 6 but it was the newest of her before she had to be put to sleep i am in the Picture with her we were best friends :’-)(

I miss her so much I am glad you got to experiance this mix breed of Kitty longer than i did but would’ve loved to experiance it myself

R.I.P. Fenway Fresca Bright
Born:May 19, 2008~ Passed away: May 16, 2009 :(

07/28/10  04:08am

Lightninglover
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2165446

Updates on the Kittens!

aww why did she have to be put down?

08/25/10  06:23pm

IceGlowFF5
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2158761

Updates on the Kittens!

awwww! cute! Ally’s face looks kinda like my cat Mocha’s face :)

or maybe our new kitten Cairi :) idk. you decide lol

01/12/11  08:05am

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: IceGlowFF5   In reference to Message Id: 2197763

Updates on the Kittens!

she had liver diseas and kidney failure basically feline lukemia :( ive tried finding another kitten like her and ive found some but every time i want one that looks like her we had bought a kitten a week before n cant have anymore n it never fails that way either lol its sad :(

03/16/12  01:31am

MuddyIguana
View Profile

Message To: Mk17rules   In reference to Message Id: 2258994

Updates on the Kittens!

Here is Stacia, her brother died two days ago, but she is getting over it. Im glad she is happy and healthy :)
Shes five weeks old, her brother had cancer

04/29/14  06:44pm

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area