Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Aj_17   KrazyKelli   Aj_17   Mk17rules   MisterKabob   KinkyQuill   RottieMom   Smcatlove321   Rae rae   Caleb_92394   Wavecrest   Kitty4u8   Keirax   MultiLizard  
 Member  Message

Aj_17
View Profile

Y did my cat die?

My 7 year old cat Milkyway died yesterday and i dont know y :’( She was acting normal and i held her just a couple hours before. She made a howling sound and 20 minutes later i found her on the floor=[
She seemed healthy and was up to date on her rabies shot. Does any 1 have any idea how she could have died?!

10/20/09  06:31pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Aj_17   In reference to Message Id: 2086529

Y did my cat die?

Get a necropsy done on the body. It could’ve been anything.

10/20/09  07:36pm

Aj_17
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2086568

Y did my cat die?

i cant afford 1 :( ill probly never know without 1 though

10/21/09  04:52pm

Mk17rules
View Profile

Message To: Aj_17   In reference to Message Id: 2087061

Y did my cat die?

OMG!!! I am so sorry! I know how u feel. that has happened to me before. I was holdinq my kitty and pettinq her and went upstairs and went to my aunt and uncles house and my dad called my mom and said Mittens was dead. I had pet and held her two hours before she died. I really do feel ur pain. I wish I knew what happened to my little baby qirl. I really hope u find out wat ur kitty passed away from. :-(

12/12/09  10:50pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Y did my cat die?

well it really could of been anything, not that lizards are the same as cats but my lizard, alligator lizard, Max was perfectly fine one second and then the next secone he was as hard as a rock, and stiff like a stick i have not idea what happened me and my friend think he had like a heart attack, oh and his mate noticed and stopped breathing, we took her away from him as soon as possible and she was fine! she had eggs ^^ but i am terribly sorry about what happened

12/28/09  06:36pm

KinkyQuill
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2108729

Y did my cat die?

Oh my, I’m terrible sorry about that.. It can be heartbreaking to lose a pet..
It could have been sudden death syndrome or a heart attack..
I’ve had it happen before with my lizard, unfortunately there’s nothing we can do, but take condolences in know that you done the best you could for him, and that he lived a happy, healthy and loved life with you.
My deepest sympathy...
So sorry..

Jayde.

01/23/10  10:16am

RottieMom
View Profile

Message To: KinkyQuill   In reference to Message Id: 2116526

Y did my cat die?

I’m so sorry for your loss! Could she have injested any poison laying around? Even certain household cleaners could have been toxic to her.

01/24/10  02:18pm

Smcatlove321
View Profile

Y did my cat die?

I’m deeply sorrowed to hear about your pet. I know how it feels to lose an animal, a cat for that matter. It’s heartbreaking and sometimes unbearable. Best wishes, and may god be with you if u dont mind, Samantha

01/30/10  11:19pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Smcatlove321   In reference to Message Id: 2118886

Y did my cat die?

that’s horrible. the sad thing about cats is that most of them won’t let you know anything is wrong until they are almost dead. i see it all the time. did you notice anything unusual in the past week or so? example; not as playful as normal, loose stools, vomiting, coughing, not using the bathroom like normal, straining to urinate, laying in different places than she normally would lay, not wanting to eat right, or even not drinking as much as normal? not to say that if you did notice something that you should’ve rushed her to the vet, just asking to maybe get a hint. my cat was actually shot with a pellet gun and the pellet was lodged in his chest. the only way i knew something was wrong with him was because he didn’t want to come out of his bed when he normally did for feeding. a trip to the vet revealed a hole in his skin. we thought it was a cat bite that was infected. then an x-ray revealed a pellet still there. so cats can be REALLY tricky to read if something is really even wrong.

and just to make you feel better, if she was poisoned you most likely would’ve seen some previous signs before death. and you’re right if you can’t afford a necropsy, then that’s ok. it won’t change anything anyway. sorry for your loss.

02/04/10  10:52pm

Caleb_92394
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2120471

Y did my cat die?

it could of had a heartattack or maybe something wrong in the lungs that wasnt noticeable, idk, sorry for your lose =(

02/21/10  02:12am

Wavecrest
View Profile

Message To: Caleb_92394   In reference to Message Id: 2125318

Y did my cat die?

My Guinea Pig Clara die suddenly as well, I know how you feel.

06/21/10  09:22am

Kitty4u8
View Profile

Message To: Wavecrest   In reference to Message Id: 2157261

Y did my cat die?

I had the same thing happen to me my cat was fine when I left for school and when my mom picked me up she said my cat died and I didn’t beleave her cuz she seemed fine. All my mom said was that she yowled really loud then about five minutes later she died. It truned out to be methane gas posioning. I’m deeply sorry for you lost and I hope you find out what was the cause of death. Some times vets will let you make payments to your bill so you can find out but I’m not sure if all vets do this. Any way again I am deeply sorry for your lost.

06/24/10  02:14am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Kitty4u8   In reference to Message Id: 2158035

Y did my cat die?

im sorry for your loss, It could have just been her time to go, old age perhaps. Its been known when cats know they are dieing they will make one final good bye to the ones they love. Sounds like you gave her a loving home and thats all they can ask for, I wish you the best of luck in finding put the cause of her passing.

06/25/10  06:57pm

MultiLizard
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2158446

Y did my cat die?

I’m sooo sorry for your loss. I recently lost my baby to a car. I miss my baby everyday and I’m crying right now thinking about it. It’s not easy losing your best friend but I hope you find a reason for your cats death. I don’t know why she would have. Was she pregnant?

08/31/10  11:15pm

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area