Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cats Forum

Yoshi55   Turtlemom   JessiM   Yoshi55   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Yoshi55   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Dragongirl6   Yoshi55   Dragongirl6   BoBo143   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Dragongirl6   Golden coqui ace   Yoshi55   Futurebullybreeder   Yoshi55   Futurebullybreeder  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

Yoshi55
View Profile

Highland Lynx cats..

Here are my two cats. The big one is Saki.. he is 3 yrs old and the white one is Laya about 10 months old now... Hope you like!

03/20/08  10:49pm

Turtlemom
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1669403

Highland Lynx cats..

Beautiful kitties. Laya is gorgeous.

03/21/08  12:02am

JessiM
View Profile

Message To: Turtlemom   In reference to Message Id: 1669471

Highland Lynx cats..

OMG WHAT BEAUTIES!!
THEY ARE AMAZING

03/21/08  01:12am

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: JessiM   In reference to Message Id: 1669502

Highland Lynx cats..

Hey guys.. thanks for the compliments. I think so myself.. :) And trust me Laya is a HAND full! We just got new reptile, and she isnt allowed in the bedroom anymore to sleep with us or anything and she just woke me up at 630 am... which is VERY odd for me to get up before the sun goes down practically.. haha. She meowed and meowed (more like cried) at the door for it seemed an hour. She follows me everywhere to where I trip over her lil self. And she loves Mangos by the way! Lil miss crazy. And Saki, he is our lil fat man.. haha. He has become a lot more chill since we got her. He used to run STRAIGHT through the house and carpet would be flying up.. that’s how fast he would fly!! He is soo muscular and they are AMAZING cats. Unlike any other I have encountered for sure. They are worth your pretty penny too! Thanks though guys! Have a good morning and DAY!

03/21/08  07:02am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1669586

Highland Lynx cats..

Those cats are beautiful**

03/21/08  08:24pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670401

Highland Lynx cats..

Thank ya! I’ll post more if anyone wants to see.. :)

03/21/08  09:09pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1670475

Highland Lynx cats..

I want to see, the one with blue eyes is absolutly gorgous

03/21/08  10:17pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670626

Highland Lynx cats..

Well thank you. My hubby got her for me! I love this type of cat. They are great companions. Here is a couple of her.

I just took some more for you so I will have them up in a couple of minutes but here is one for now! :)

03/21/08  10:34pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670626

Highland Lynx cats..

Here ya go...

It’s hard to get pics of her eyes open like that one. She really looks good inthe day for that one. But she is sleepy now! Enjoy!

03/21/08  10:45pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1670684

Highland Lynx cats..

she is pretty even when sleeping, fixed or breeder???

03/21/08  10:57pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670698

Highland Lynx cats..

She isnt fixed but they say to fix her.. I’m gonna see if we can breed her though. She is only 10 months so I’m not gonna rush. You have to register these cats just like pit bulls or special species and if they find out (the breeder that bred them) that you breed them when they tell you not to..then you can get in some kind of trouble.. not sure though. So we are gonna checkt out. If we bought her as a breeder she wouldve been a couple hundred more she was already $500+ so that was a lot.. and the bigger one Saki, was close to $1000. So we are really excited to have these cats. They are bred from a mix called jungle curl, lynx, bob cat and onother one. It takes a lot to make this breed obviously...

03/21/08  11:19pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1670737

Highland Lynx cats..

Yoshi! Didn’t know you have kitties!

If you didn’t buy her as a breeder, don’t breed her. There’s a reason that breeders have spay/neuter contracts. These cats are difficult to raise and find good homes for (just like all cats), and there are already too many cats around anyway.

I would suggest getting her spayed asap because you don’t want her to start spraying or develop a dominant female personality before you get those hormones taken care of : ) especially because of her breed.

I don’t really think people should have wild cats as pets, but anyway...I wouldn’t recommend breeding. People who adopt the kittens often don’t really realize what they are getting into with these breeds and fall in love because of their appearance instead of their personalities.

Besides, I think your beardie might get jealous of all their attention : )

OT, but I decided to name my little guy King (crap, I don’t need any more animals, lol).

03/22/08  03:08am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1670926

Highland Lynx cats..

I’m not trying to argue dragon but if this woman didn’t sign a "spay/nueter" contract then there is nothing keeping her from doing that. You cannot tell an adult not to do something, no matter how educated you are about what you are pushing. This person paid quite a bit of money for these beautiful cat, I am sure she wants to put more out there, I haven’t seen any of these cats around here or in florida. Not saying that breeding to higher population is right, but if some one paid money, alot of money for an animal like this and only plans to breed once, then there isn’t that big of problem, now if she were to breed over and over and over, that would make her seem like she was irresponsible. But if the breeder did have a spay/nueter conttact it would be illegal to breed, I’m not say "Breed, go on and breed" but you can’t just go and jump out to an adult and say "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BREED YOUR ANIMAL" you see the key word in that sentence is "your animal", it is her’s and by law, she can do as she pleases, don’t get me wrong you argue a good point, but these aren’t just some domestic cat, They are an exotic breed of cat, very rare in some areas. They aren’t as over populated as the domestic breed, don’t think they are over populated at all actually. I seriously doubt that a cat this rare is hard to get rid of, especially if you set up a web page on them, breed once, and she is done, all kittens will be gone in a matter of weeks.

03/22/08  07:22am

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670989

Highland Lynx cats..

I agree with Golden. We didn’t really sign a contract with the lady. It’s complicated. So I was going to "see" if I could do it. And yes, these cats are no where NEAR domestic.. they are bred with domestic cats but they aren’t domestic. These cats have a lot of different blood in them and they were bred for the purpose of someone wanting them back when?? Anyways... I deff dint want to breed her more than once like Golden said. I just wanted some offspring b/c she is beautiful and the sweetest thing ever! I love her personality and she is better than a regular cat for sure. They are very compassionate and nothing like a bob cat or really any of her breeds in her. They are there (blood line) to make what she is. Her ears are very special, they are bent all the way back as a baby and they eventually come forward. I never heard of this cat till I met my hubby and he already had Saki the male (which is fixed) and is very loving and does not dominate WHAT SO EVER... so I wanted another kitty and he said he would only get the same breed as his cat.. so we looked and found one.. Laya. I would never just breed her and throw her kittys to the side.. I would deff find good homes for all but one (for me of course). These are very special cats and I wouldn’t disrespect their breed. Thanks for the concern but non needed.

Also.. good name for your beardie. And I don’t think mine will get jealous b/c he came here way after these other animals..and Laya is beside herself b/c of him so.. I have cat with drawl issues right now! :) Her of course.. not me b/c I love all my animals the same. She just wants it ALL the time. I named my beardie Scooter..hehe.

03/22/08  07:45am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1670995

Highland Lynx cats..

sounds to me like you know what you are doing, just make sure when picking a suitable breeder male for her that you ask for shot records, check all the characteristics of the male to make sure he is the one you want to use, he may be hard to find since these cats are not very common, I love your cat, I was actually thing in about three or four years, I myself might actually try to find one, I would breed of course, As A RN I imagine I probably won’t have tie to assure that she as healthy as can be during pregnancy and birthing. I know that cats are naturally great mothers, but I would still like to be sure she and her babies would be as healthy as can be as are the rest of my animals.

03/22/08  08:50am

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1671033

Highland Lynx cats..

Well thank you. I do try. I dont know about breeding her. The problem is.. that it will cost you a fortune to breed these animals cuz the breeders ask.. if you want it for breeding or not. And also about the non-breeding issue earlier... She is what she is..and when the lady sold her to us she asked do you want her for breeding or just a pet we said pet..mainly b/c the price would have gone up a couple hundred more JUSt for saying we want to breed. That there wouldve given us the "right" to breed her. But initionally we didnt want to. I dont know.. still undecided! :) She is the sweetest and I dont want to stress her out. We might though. My hubby said I should breed animals for a "job" type thing. B/c I love animals somuch.. but I would deff do birds.. not cats!:) I can give you some sites where you can find these cats Golden.. They have them just not around where I live. We had her shipped from OK..and we live in NC. So.. yeah.. it’s far..but WELL WORTH IT!

03/22/08  03:46pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1670989

Highland Lynx cats..

I was of the understanding that the breeder had asked you not to breed if you didn’t buy her as a breeder. No, I was not "telling an adult what to do" and I know that yoshi would take excellent care of the babies. That wasn’t the point. I was simply suggesting that if she had said she wouldn’t breed, she shouldn’t.

I think it’s strange that you keep emphasizing how young I am or that I am telling adults what to do when you are two years older than me!

Quote:

you can’t just go and jump out to an adult and say "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BREED YOUR ANIMAL"

I never ever said this, so it was stupid to put quotes around it. I wasn’t jumping out at anyone and that’s not something I would ever say. I happen to breed rats and mice, but only to better the species and only after we have found homes for our rescue ones. Rats and mice are not filling up shelters and being put to sleep everywhere like cats are. I happen to also have close friends in the rescue community who raise and show certain breeds of dogs (standard poodles and min pins), but they only breed to make the breed better, find homes for their puppies themselves and have them spayed/neutered before they are adopted, and have a contract to take them back if the owner can’t keep them so they never end up in shelters or in a bad home. They also have a maximum of one litter every three years because they spend so much time rescuing. Breeding is fine in moderation if you first rescue, and second are a responsible, licensed breeder who has spay/neuter contracts etc.

Yoshi, I hope you didn’t take this the wrong way. I wasn’t bashing you or your cats, I was simply under the impression that the breeder had asked you not to breed her and was advising that you honor that. If this is not the case, although I wouldn’t personally breed her, go ahead! Show us pictures of the babies, I bet they will be beautiful.

03/22/08  06:13pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1671612

Highland Lynx cats..

Hahaha, oh goodness I just wanted to post some pics up and now I have an arguement.. sOrry guys. I probablly wont end up breeding her mainly b/c I have a baby on the way myself and I really dont have the time or money for her babies. Maybe another cat down the road! :) The breeder didnt ask me not to do it.. she just said are you or are you not? If you are then it will be $200 MOREjust for saying yes.. you get it dragongirl? It’s not that she cant be bred or that she wasnt supposed to be.. she just wasnt planned on it. But this issue has risen wayyy out of proportion here.. so lets drop the breeding thing and look at the pics!! LOL!! Ya’ll have a good night...

03/23/08  12:32am

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1672047

Highland Lynx cats..

Sorry yoshi. I just hate that people use the fact that I am young as an argument against me.

Anyway, this IS getting out of hand.

03/23/08  01:19am

BoBo143
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1672088

Highland Lynx cats..

I tried not to post one here again because i was avoiding arguement, you don’t want arguement, quit being so arogat about your advise, be a little more helpful then hurtful for goodness sake. great news yoshi, babies are even better then kittens because they are your own, i love working in a daycare setting simply because i get to be around them 24/7. that is greta news, either way whether you were to breed or not, I am sure you would have been a great owner and made the right choices.

03/23/08  08:46am

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: BoBo143   In reference to Message Id: 1672267

Highland Lynx cats..

My apologies, I have accidently posted in my aunts name, I did not realize she was still logged in

03/23/08  09:23am

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1672300

Highland Lynx cats..

Well thanks everyone. I am excited about my own baby so I’m gonna take things low woth Laya.. my cat.. haha. She is still a youngin really. She just started learning how to actually fully lick herself. She is a slow learner. I havent had a child beofre so this will be new. I have a baby beardie and that is new too, so I am learning as we speak! I love love animals and cant get enough of them but my hubby wont let me have anymore due to the upcomming real baby and I only have about 2 months to go! So, def dont need anymore babies around here! Just thought I’d share my kitty pics.. cuzI saw that there was a cat forum as well as reptiles! :) Take care everyone and happy easter!

03/23/08  02:10pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: BoBo143   In reference to Message Id: 1672267

Highland Lynx cats..

Quote:

quit being so arogat about your advise, be a little more helpful then hurtful

I am not "arogat" about my advise. I was giving my opinion based on the fact that the breeder asked her not to breed, which turned out not to be true, so I retracted my statement. Yoshi has given me a lot of advice on other forums and I really appreciate her. I was not being arrogant, and you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. If you look through the forums, you can see that people have been very grateful with my advice and I try to be as helpful as possible. I don’t think it’s helpful to attack people if you want them to take your advice, so I don’t. The only exception being when I politely give my advice and people (such as yourself) become extremely defensive and attack me about it. Please try to edit your posts a little bit before posting them. It sounds as if you are so emotional about them that you can’t stop to check your spelling and they are difficult to read.

Quote:

babies are even better then kittens because they are your own

I don’t know about you, but my foster kittens ARE my own! I love them and protect them as if they were my own children, because they are! : )

Keep in mind that I am only a year and a half younger than you, and apparently much more mature, so please stop attacking me because you think that young people should not be able to give opinions.

03/23/08  04:28pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1672872

Highland Lynx cats..

I haven’t ever fostered a kitten, I wouldn’t know. I work with children in a day care and go to school, I don’t have time for fosters. I have taken in strays before. My animals are like my kids, but you’ll never know the true bond of a mother and child until you actually physically have one of your own. I never said kittens weren’t like children, why do you have to constantly argue your point over and over. this arguement has been over, lol. I apologized to you in another forum and I was done there. I am done argueing period, if someone so much as says no your wrong, actually, exc. I am just going to ignore what they say and express my views as if they never said it. I am done with the childish behavior of people on here, not reffering to you in the least, you are actually the most adult about your points of all these people and I cudos you on that, but I am not the type of person to argue over something that is meaningless to me. I have my animals, they have theirs, I raise mine the way I see fit, I am sure they do to, but I will not listen to peoples rude, not always right comments. I love animals, that is why I am here, that is why I will continue to be here. Anything else you say to me, that I don’t see as very nice, I will choose to ignore. Sorry it has to be that way, but it is just stupid and pointless to argue. Good luck with the child you are baring, I wish you peace and serenity, have fun and plenty of love with the new child.

03/23/08  07:44pm

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1673143

Highland Lynx cats..

Quote:

I never said kittens weren’t like children, why do you have to constantly argue your point over and over.

Lol, I made a very light hearted comment about that, I wasn’t attacking you in any way (not the little smiley face next to it). Wasn’t arguing your "view of kittens as children", don’t read into everything so much.

03/23/08  09:51pm

Golden coqui ace
View Profile

Message To: Dragongirl6   In reference to Message Id: 1673343

Highland Lynx cats..

lol, I didn’t even read everything. Like i said, i am tired of being bashed by every one on here.

03/24/08  09:20am

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Golden coqui ace   In reference to Message Id: 1673678

Highland Lynx cats..

Hey, I’m still here reading these funny posts and I’m not bashing. Ya’ll two girls are honestly just trying to prove both your points and ya’llwont give up sadly. I just wanted to post my pics of MY cats up here.. not get an arguement. So.. please stop cuz this is ridiculous! Sorry, I like both of ya’llbut really, this is nt nessesary to fight back and forth or whatever you want to call whatyour doing, b/c this has nothing to do about the post I originally ut up here. Thanks!! :)

03/24/08  01:46pm

Futurebullybreeder
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1673922

Highland Lynx cats..

you have a couple of beatiful cats there, I have always wanted one of these beatiful cats. How are they temperment wise?

03/24/08  03:45pm

Yoshi55
View Profile

Message To: Futurebullybreeder   In reference to Message Id: 1674051

Highland Lynx cats..

Like 100% perfect! I have never owned a cat that is so great. The male has his days on if he wants to be loved but the white one is always at my feet loving me. I have to close my bedroom door b/c we have a new reptile in there and she wants in obviously, but at night she will moan at the door for hours.. and I hate it but she wants in to sleep with us. It’s really cute. She will be waiting for me to ope the dorr in the morning and if I sleep in she will meow till I get up and open the door. Then she is right by my side. She is still young so that’s why and Saki the older one, hasnt known me that long b/c I just moved in with my fiance and he had him p[reviously.. but he will lay on your chest and love to be rubbed. They are like great cats just different looking and with no tail and bent ears. And expensive! LOL!

03/24/08  05:51pm

Futurebullybreeder
View Profile

Message To: Yoshi55   In reference to Message Id: 1674207

Highland Lynx cats..

I can do expensive as long as they have great temperment. I have had a maincoon for five years who is so mean to everyone but mean, she will growl and hiss, and is just and overall mean cat. I had her declawed because the scratching kids has to stop, not she just sits there and growls at them from a distance. My vet and behaviorist says that maincoons are naturally agressive, especially in females. Males are a little more tolerant, but females are mean. I love her, but she is so mean. She takes quite a chunk out of my pocket with these expensive allergy shots she has. Your cats are beautiful, I especially love the blue eyed one, she is gorgous. Where I live they aren’t seen much. I know one lady got reported because the neibor though it was a bob cat. lol. that was funny, she got the papers out and showed the officer and the lady acused her of just printing those off, she said she had just wrote them.

03/24/08  08:23pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Cats Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area