Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Kellyyyy   Kellyyyy  
 Member  Message

Kellyyyy
View Profile

IBD?

Hey, i havent posted much and i havent really been on in a while, but i need some advice and or opinions.
Im typing this quickly so it not perfectly punctuated.

Alright so i have a jungle carpet python, ball python and a brazilian rainbow boa.
My carpet python back in june started showing signs of some sort of issues. the first thing i noticed was she wasnt bending her neck properly, my first assumption was that she had not been out in a while and she was just stiff and sore from being cramped up. well a few weeks go on and she still had the neck issue. So i had her out i think it was the first or second week in july and i started to worry, she stopped taking live rats, so i had to prekill them for her because she wouldnt constrict. sooo! i took her into my vet that i work at and my doc told me that it could be either, a neck injury, a bacterial infection or that IBD disease. SOO he put her on baytril for a week and she seemed to be getting better on it honestly! but it could have been my imagination. Well its to the point where when i take her out she pisses everywhere and she hisses and she cant move right, she flips all around and acts like shes just miserable. I noticed today that her body is almost misshaped and instead of being straight and slender shes lumpy like her muscles in some areas are tighter. and shes lost almost a half a pound already and not eating anymore, doesnt matter if its dead of alive. Shes not doing well. i dont know if anybody has any info for me but its surely appreciated. I dont need all my time and money in my snakes to go to waste.
ill have to reread this later and make sure it doesnt sound completely stupid, kind of in a hurry.
thank you.

08/30/11  06:45pm

Kellyyyy
View Profile

Message To: Kellyyyy   In reference to Message Id: 2235071

IBD?

Also, i was asking my doctor today about the issue and how it doesn’t seem to be resolving itself yet, and he told me to run home and get her to try an injection of amiglyde-v and to repeat in 3 days just to cover any bacterial issues. I mean what do I have to loose. Docs saying its probably IBD, I’m so upset. I don’t want to spread it to my clients or my rat guys collection you know? And I don’t want to put my snakes to sleep just yet because you just don’t know. Im. Also having trouble figureing out how she got it, I did just start getting rats from a local breeder who has several snakes, I stopped buying from him just incase he was the carrier.

08/30/11  07:19pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area