Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

J0N   Africabound   J0N   Junglecarpet81  
 Member  Message

J0N
View Profile

Getting a carpet python!!!!! advice please

hey i may be getting a a 4ft carpet python from my brothers friend as he is not allowed to keep it in his apt its coming with a full setup. i want to know if any one has any advice for some one new to carpet pythons.

07/30/11  12:24pm

Africabound
View Profile

Message To: J0N   In reference to Message Id: 2231044

Well, sometimes young carpet pythons can be a bit nippy and nervous, but with regular handling they’ll usually grow out of that. If the one you’re getting is four feet, hopefully it doesn’t have that problem any more. Do you know what type of carpet python it is? Irian Jaya sometimes stay at a length of about four feet, but it’s probably not full grown if it’s any other type. Other than that, there is just some general advice that you probably already know if you’ve kept snakes before. If you have any other questions or need any more advice, there are a lot of people on the forum that can try to help.

07/30/11  05:33pm

J0N
View Profile

Message To: Africabound   In reference to Message Id: 2231082

yes it is an irian jaya and i have held him before and i have not had a problem with him he is a very beautiful and i will try to get pics up if i get him im just waiting to for my moms approval because im leaving to the marines and she doesnt want to take care of it but i already have that covered so wish me luck

07/31/11  01:02pm

Junglecarpet81
View Profile

Message To: J0N   In reference to Message Id: 2231173

I’m not sure what he’s feeding the snake but if he has them on mice you need to switch them over as soon as possible. even if your snake is at its full length its pointless to have him on three mice which is equal to a small rat when the cost comes out to be the same. if you want to save money you should buy in bulk online from a place called RODENTPRO.com they have great deals.

08/29/11  10:25am

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area