Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Corn snake   Africabound  
 Member  Message

Corn snake
View Profile

Quick question on my carpet and his temps

Alright well i had my carpet python sitting on top of my freinds tank which had a red tial boa with mouth rot and a RI and i told him to come get it and take him home so he did today.. I think my snake may have a RI infection now he donest have any fluids or snot comign from his nose but while I hold him every 30 sec he has like hiss noise come from him.. If it is a RI it isnt bad.. so i turned his temps up a lil bit and his warm side is around 95 cool side around 85 and a water bowl on the cool side. So I’m hoping the will clear up the RI so i dont have to visit a vet. Can i get some guys who know there stuff to let me know If I’m doing everythign right or if i should swich out his bulb to somethign lower and put temps at around 85 on warm side. thanks for help let me know asap.

04/18/11  07:40pm

Africabound
View Profile

Message To: Corn snake   In reference to Message Id: 2215013

Quick question on my carpet and his temps

I would say that you’re taking the right actions so far. Actually, an interesting fact about carpet pythons that I’m not sure you’ve heard is that they will sometimes hiss for really no reason. When I get my carpet python out, he will make a hissing noise, and at first it was worrying me. Then I learned that, unlike other snakes, their hissing doesn’t always mean that they’re upset. It’s just something they do. If it does sound like a hiss, and you’re not seeing any other signs of an RI, then that may be what it is. I would just watch him for a while, and if you don’t notice anything else, then you can lower the temps a bit. Hope this helps :)

04/19/11  09:07pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area