Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Corn snake   Red Ink AUS   Africabound  
 Member  Message

Corn snake
View Profile

Question on how fast they grow

Alright.. I’m not new to snakes, but new to carpet pythons... I work at a local pet store and I currently have a 6ft male and 8ft female rtb.. Well they have a female and a male carpet python and I feel in love with them.. They are so relaxed and dont mind being handled.. I was planing on getting the male possibly but I was debating on going to an expo for my boss and possibly getting me a baby carpet. Now If i were to get a male baby carpet how many years would it take for him to get to his full size. Ik they depend on what type of carpet it is.. But any kind of help would be great

03/28/11  10:55pm

Red Ink AUS
View Profile

Message To: Corn snake   In reference to Message Id: 2211897

3 years

03/29/11  11:37pm

Africabound
View Profile

Message To: Red Ink AUS   In reference to Message Id: 2212110

Three years is the average, as has been already stated. All carpet pythons are different, though. Obviously, it depends on how much and how often you feed them. My little jungle carpet python had just started adult mice when I got him six months ago. Now he can gobble down a small rat. I’ve noticed that he’s grown more in girth than length. Like I said, they’re all different. If you are planning on getting one, just make sure that you have the space and money to properly house an adult in the future. Hope this helps :)

04/08/11  08:47pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area