Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

FattKattMatt8   Corn snake   Dracen knights   FattKattMatt8   Junglecarpet81  
 Member  Message

FattKattMatt8
View Profile

New to carpets

well today i bought my first two snakes both of which are carpet pythons and im smitten by their beauty. i have always been into reptiles and own several different types of geckos an agamids but i have never owned any type of snake and i am very happy with my new acquisitions but i do have one small issue. the male is very skittish and strikey and i did not realize that this guy was so nervous until after i brought him home. the female on the other hand is quite a bit more clam than the male so how have you all dealt with skittish and bitey carpets

03/26/11  02:09am

Corn snake
View Profile

Message To: FattKattMatt8   In reference to Message Id: 2211494

New to carpets

Been reading alot, but if they are young then they will grow out of it if you handle them daily.. Even as adults if you handle them alot I’m sure he will calm down.. correct me if I’m wrong

03/28/11  10:57pm

Dracen knights
View Profile

Message To: Corn snake   In reference to Message Id: 2211899

New to carpets

yes carpets are known to be nippy as babies but most outgrow it quickly. I have 5 carpets and none are nippy 1 of them started out a little nippy but has scene out grown it. and he is less the a year old.

04/04/11  01:07pm

FattKattMatt8
View Profile

Message To: Dracen knights   In reference to Message Id: 2212900

New to carpets

okay cool i kinda got the gist of it now with trial and painful error with my carpets ive been handling them when i get off work and they are starting to relax

04/18/11  12:10am

Junglecarpet81
View Profile

Message To: FattKattMatt8   In reference to Message Id: 2214908

New to carpets

As ppl said before the nippy ones stop biting after a while. However during feeding time you might get bit accidentally but i have a sub adult that has bit me from a feeding response. I did bleed but it didnt hurt more of a shock than anything else.

08/28/11  12:22pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area