Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Savlover   Dracen knights   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

Savlover
View Profile

Rescue Carpet Python has made progress

The CP that I was given is doing great now. Those that don’t know a guy had her in a 10 gallon cage, he had her for 5 years and she is a little over 7ft long. Yes you read it right 7ft long and in a 10 gallon cage. It made me sick. She is now in a custom built cage and even took her first trip out about two weeks ago. I live in south Texas so we get those days when it is 80 in December and great for snakes. It was humid and sunny so I took her to my work. She did better then ever. From a snake that tried to bite every time I got near her cage to letting kids touch her with no reaction was amazing to see. My boss thought it was a different snake because of it. Just goes to show with a little attention and the proper care a snake can be a great pet and can teach people about them.

01/01/11  12:08am

Dracen knights
View Profile

Message To: Savlover   In reference to Message Id: 2195530

sounds like you got a good snake I would love to see pics... I always like to see others carpet pythons... there doesn’t seam to be that many around... I currently have 5 carpets...

01/02/11  06:44pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Dracen knights   In reference to Message Id: 2195841

I cruise over here every now and then and this story struck a chord with me...It’s wonderful to hear it !

I have a retic that went thru some tuff times and struck at anything that moved...it was hungry !! The previous conditions were filthy and he had stuck shed on his neck and head. I almost did’nt accept him but ...

6 months later he is a gem to handle and has shed 2x with some small growth...now look at this photo if I may ...

Congrats on your skill and husbandry ...that’s a great outcome for sure

Cp

01/02/11  07:13pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area