Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Tomias01   Tomias01   Baylor13   King_Boa   Baylor13  
 Member  Message

Tomias01
View Profile

Enclosure size

Hey all, I am new to pythons, and a guy i know that works at petsmart is selling his carpet. Its seven foot long and was just wondering how large an enclosure i should build for it. I asked him but i do not think he nows his stuff as he says the python is happy in a 20 gal long aquarium. I know this isnt right because my coastal hatchling is only 2 1/2 feet and thats what i keep him in, i couldn’t imagine what that poor snake is going through.

please help as i would love to rescue the snake from its current owner, i just want to make sure it isnt going to be worse off here.

12/23/10  09:18pm

Tomias01
View Profile

Message To: Tomias01   In reference to Message Id: 2194077

Enclosure size

Well, the guy dropped the snake off today in a large sterilite tub he had drilled holes in and put an undertank heater on. I already have a nice boaphile tank on order for it and that should be here in a week or so, and heres pics of J.D. the carpet python.

I wouldn’t normally use gloves, but the snake was rather testy and had to change the newspaper in the tub. Only struck once though and when i got him/her in my hands he/she calmed down immediately.

01/09/11  06:16pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: Tomias01   In reference to Message Id: 2197336

Enclosure size

This is my cage for mine. She is 7ft long and the cage is 4ft tall 3ft wide and 1ft deep. It has a blanket rack in there for her to climb on and some branches. They love to climb if given the chance!

01/12/11  07:16pm

King_Boa
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2197917

Enclosure size

I like the cage setup, do you know any sites that like sale some similar to this size, something like for your room thats large enough for an adult??

01/21/11  10:06am

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: King_Boa   In reference to Message Id: 2199987

Enclosure size

that cage is an old shelf. The bottom wood part is one of the shelves to give it more support. The door is just framed with wood and then screened in. It makes a great cage and it was a use for a shelf that was going to be tossed out.

01/21/11  11:00am

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area