Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Africabound   Johnkorz   Africabound  
 Member  Message

Africabound
View Profile

Getting a JCP this weekend

So I’m now SUPER excited!!!!!! After waiting and begging for over a year, my parents have given in. They say I have to give up my ball python, but I don’t have room for both anyway. There’s a really dependable exotic pet store about two hours from where I live. I’ve already called them, and they say that they’ll take the ball python for some credit towards the carpet python. This weekend I’m driving out there and picking up the young jcp that I have on hold. I have a ten gallon and a fifty gallon. Not sure which one I’ll put him in first. It will depend on how big he is. But yeah, can’t wait for this weekend!!!!!!!!

09/28/10  09:23pm

Johnkorz
View Profile

Message To: Africabound   In reference to Message Id: 2178093

Good luck with the new snake. Hope you don’t regret it. Ball pythons are the best snakes for handling.

09/29/10  09:10pm

Africabound
View Profile

Message To: Johnkorz   In reference to Message Id: 2178267

I don’t regret getting the little guy at all. Although he was a little nippy at first, I left him alone for a few days, then began to gently handle him and, little by little, he got better. Now he’s fine with handling, just a little head shy. The guy told me that he’s still fairly young, eating an adult mouse once a week (frozen/thawed). I named him Mercutio, after my favorite Shakespeare character. Here are some pics.

10/24/10  08:22pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area