Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Serpentshideaway   Misswaggys   Serpentshideaway   Fairy Frog Mother   Marvel   Serpentshideaway  
 Member  Message

Serpentshideaway
View Profile

Carpet research

Hi i want to know a good place to do some research on carpet pythons cus im thinkin that at a later date in time i may add one to my collection looking particularly to see their feeding habits temperament longevity size health specific types husbandry so on and so forth any links and or tips would be greatly appreciated

08/01/10  03:23pm

Misswaggys
View Profile

Message To: Serpentshideaway   In reference to Message Id: 2166418

Carpet research

Dont think you will get any info, this forum looks like it’s been dead for a while, dont know how many of them are like it, Bearded Dragon one is ok though (not that thats much good to you), either that or nobody wants to tell me their average size and weight lol. Good luck :)

08/03/10  06:39pm

Serpentshideaway
View Profile

Message To: Misswaggys   In reference to Message Id: 2166968

Carpet research

Thanks you too

08/03/10  07:07pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Serpentshideaway   In reference to Message Id: 2166976

Carpet research

This forum is a little slow.
I just googled Carpet Python when I was caring for one and looking for information. The folks that are here are pretty knowledgable, but many are either breeders or hobbists with pretty good size collections, and well, it is summer. Kids are out of school, eggs are hatching, yada yada.

Asking specific questions seems to help.

08/11/10  12:31pm

Marvel
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2168589

Carpet research

I own 3 carpets Diamond x Jungle, Bredli, and a Jungle. My jungle is ten years old she 8’3" long and weighs 9lbs on the nose. Big around as my forearm. this is on the big side for jungles. Has far as feeding once you get them eating as babies they’re pigs. As soon has i walk in the room with food all three of mine come out and are at the cage door ready to nail the first thing threw it. Great feeding response. Mine are mellow as can be. They say a little nippy as babies, but settle down with a little handling. Humidity around 50% I up it to 70% when in shed. I get perfect sheds every time. They love to climb, so make sure to have some branches. Any other question just ask. Also try looking up carpet python care sheet. You should find a few diffrent one.

08/15/10  07:30am

Serpentshideaway
View Profile

Message To: Marvel   In reference to Message Id: 2169485

Carpet research

So humidity is like that of a bp what temps would they require?

08/15/10  08:02pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area