Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Reptadude   IamLegend   Reptadude   IamLegend   Reptadude   IamLegend   Reptadude   IamLegend   Carpet Blood Ball   IamLegend   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Reptadude
View Profile

I want one..

I have finally given in... I want a carpet python..., but i can’t decide which kind. I can house any of them, so from a male irian jaya to a female coastal it doens’t really matter. I was just hoping for some input from you guys as to which kinds you guys prefer. I really like the looks of irian jayas but honestly I would buy anykind as long as they looked good and had a fair enough price.

06/13/10  06:52pm

IamLegend
View Profile

Message To: Reptadude   In reference to Message Id: 2155468

I want one..

I just recently got a bredli carpet at a local show, a little 7 month hatchling, hes tame as can be, and has an incredible response to food. He eats every 4 days, and doesnt stop growing! He has almost doubled in size. I have to say, I cant wait for that 7 foot monster hes destined to be someday.

06/16/10  01:27pm

Reptadude
View Profile

Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2156262

I want one..

Yea they are cool for sure. I’ve been thinking about an Irian Jaya lately though. I really really like the colors they can have.

06/16/10  04:01pm

IamLegend
View Profile

Message To: Reptadude   In reference to Message Id: 2156293

I want one..

The only trick is finding yourself a pure, clean irian jaya. I had one that was sold to me as an IJ, and he was a IJ x Jungle, prominently jungle. IJs dont get nearly as big too. The thing is, you dont have to worry about personality, its all about what appeals to you most, be it the sheer size, or the color of the animal. The color of an adult bredli is what got me hooked, and then, working at a pet store, I met a guy that was friends with a Bredli breeder, and he was willing to bring the whole clutch in to the store one evening and let me pick him out. I also know the guy that is one of the founders of Gherps. He works mainly here in NC but goes back and forth to florida. He can get me all the different animals. I know people, so just let me know, and I can help you find some people.

Matt

06/16/10  10:23pm

Reptadude
View Profile

Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2156384

I want one..

well hey thanks man. I am going to the all ohio reptile show this saturday to pick up few dozen large rats, and take a look around for a good IJ. I decided not to get anything unless i forsure and captivated by it whether it be by color, personality, or.. price.. haha. but seriously i’m not going to rush into anything. I know what i want and I’m not going to get anything but that. So pretty much I’m looking for a good looking IJ. It can be a cross just as long as its not like 75 pr 88 percent jungle and the rest IJ haha. I’ll make sure i ask about the parents too.

06/17/10  12:27am

IamLegend
View Profile

Message To: Reptadude   In reference to Message Id: 2156406

I want one..

if you can, get a diamond cross, to me, they look incredible, the diamond reduces the pattern, and the other carpet influences color. Best of luck, and yea, dont rush into it, i got really lucky, and was sold the holdback bredli from this guys clutch for $150. The carpets are stellar pets.

06/17/10  09:35am

Reptadude
View Profile

Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2156444

I want one..

wow 150? that a deal, and I’m sure its a looker too.

06/17/10  08:03pm

IamLegend
View Profile

Message To: Reptadude   In reference to Message Id: 2156567

I want one..

yea, he was the brightest out of the whole clutch, and the 1st to eat. Only one out of a clutch of 15 to eat without assistance the 1st time. He was double the size of the clutch mates a month ago, and he has double in size since then, he is a whole 69 grams now. Ill get some pictures of him soon for you. Unfortunately, I dont have any stellar cameras, I would have to borrow my dads setup.
Ill see what I can do, he really is a stellar animal.

06/17/10  08:31pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2156569

I want one..

well i have a diamond jungle carpet and i got him for 90. i have had him since val. day last year. he is the center of my world as far as my snakes go, my gf is probably the most important thing in my life. i just got her a 1/4 ct journey diamond necklace. but off of that here are pics of my carpet, his name is Harvey

this was the day i got him last year.

and this is him about a month or two ago.

06/25/10  09:18pm

IamLegend
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2158514

I want one..

what kind of growth in girth, and length did he gain? My little Bredli is right now sitting at 60, almost 70 grams. He has doubled in weight in 1, almost 2 months. He hasnt shed though? I can’t wait for him to get to be the 7 foot python I want him to be. I know its gonna be 2 years or so, but it looks like a ton of growth on your guy there in a year. I hope my little guy grows like that.
Sorry for going OT

Matt

06/28/10  11:48pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2159320

I want one..

Its too bad you arent in California in the Bay area! I have that foster that was a rescue that the owners want to sell. Its a far drive for ya though. And they dont want to ship.

07/08/10  11:38am

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area