Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

SavySnake   Nelson jacobson   SavySnake   JackAsp   SavySnake   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

SavySnake
View Profile

Look what I woke up to at 3:45am

This happened a couple weeks ago, but I thought the forum could use some more posts :D
So my mom and I jerk awake to a loud crash one morning. We’re wondering what happened. I said it was probably just the cat being rambuncious, and was about to go back to sleep. My mom walks into the bathroom and turns on the light. "Nope! It’s the snake!" She says calmly from the bathroom. So, needless to say, I had to take a picture. He had escaped in the middle of the night and had made his way to the bathroom. He was returned to his tub, and pretty much everything small and heavy was piled on top of his cage. I think it’s time for that cage upgrade xD

04/16/10  03:01pm

Nelson jacobson
View Profile

Message To: SavySnake   In reference to Message Id: 2141110

yeah, a new cage would be a good idea. Nice snake.

04/25/10  01:36am

SavySnake
View Profile

Message To: Nelson jacobson   In reference to Message Id: 2143172

Thanks :] Got something in progress... just need a truck >.<

05/01/10  08:53pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: SavySnake   In reference to Message Id: 2144760

Blasphemy! All carpet pythons should be kept forever in little flat tubs! Large enclosures stress them. Everybody knows that. The reason they climb trees in the wild is that they’re looking for little flat storage tubs.
Mine used to escape semi-occasionally as well. Eventually she knew her way around so well that i wound up free-roaming her, and she made it over 21 years, but I don’t suggest it. I got lucky and beat a lot of risks, but by the time "appropriate" housing was looking feasible she was just too spoiled and I couldn’t see giving her less than a whole room any more.
Anyway, during the escaping-from-inappropriate-housing period period, the first thing she learned was how to hit the buffet. I fed live back then, and the dresser I kept the Death Row tank on had one of those tall mirrored frames in back of it, so Boots would climb up to the top of that, drop her head into the mouse tank (it was an uncovered 20 gallon tall; I changed a water bowl a lot so I didn’t have to worry about them climbing a bottle... yes, there were all kinds of things wrong going on...) and pull out one at a time. One night I came home to discover that she had escaped from her tank, climbed the Empire State Mirror, and eaten EIGHTEEN MICE! She was still hanging there, completely unscratched and satisfied with herself...
Always got along fine with cats, though. They’d both check each other out, say "Nah, too big," and go on with their lives.

05/04/10  12:24am

SavySnake
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2145212

Haha. That’s hilarious. Smart girl. That would be nice to have a whole room to give him, complete with heating and humidity requirements... Maybe someday ;]

And my cat likes to follow him around the house... my dog just sniffs him and then ignores him. Thought it would be the other way around but I’m not complaining :D

05/05/10  05:46pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: SavySnake   In reference to Message Id: 2145583

Jack...you had me nearly spit water on my work monitor there! Thank you for the laugh.

Soon Im going to be putting Ai in a tub to soak off some of his loose shed and get the smell of smoke off him. We will see if his posturing is all bluff or if he really is going to try to eat me. Har!

05/27/10  01:59pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area