Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

CarpetPythons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Carpet Blood Ball   Carpet Blood Ball   Carpet Blood Ball   Carpet Blood Ball   Carpet Blood Ball   Carpet Blood Ball   Nelson jacobson   Limblesspetsrule   Milldabeast519  

Member  Message

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

New cage setup

Well as some of you may know i have a diamond jungle carpet, i got him 1 yr ago on valentines day. I was wondering what your guys opinion was on making a custom terrarium setup like the jungle, like putting a small tree or something like that in there. then maybe like tall grass and again stuff like that. the biggest thing i just is is what kind of substrate would you guys suggest or what kind of mix. I have pics but not on the computer that im using now, i will have them up as soon as i can

02/02/10  11:28pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2119885

New cage setup

well im in maryland and as most of you probably know we got hit by a storm. When they said a storm they werent kinding, we got easliy 3ft of snow, earlier today we had two firetrucks get stuck right by my house. we have been shoving on and off all day and we still havent finished the drive way yet, and we only have a 2 car driveway with two cars in it. hopefully we’ll have it finished tomorrow. oh yea i almost forget SNOWBALL FIGHT ANYONE.

02/06/10  10:54pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2121102

New cage setup

bump

02/13/10  05:44pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2123124

New cage setup

what youdo guys think of about what this post say. do you think it is a good idea or not.

Pretty snake you have there. Are you wanting to use live trees, grass? If so, I would keep the plants in their own pots, and fill in around the pots with small chipped wood bark. The moist bark will help keep the humidity up. Some type of bonsai tree would look cool, just my opinion. Your snake will love a jungle setting. Some people are using back yard dirt and sand mix substrate, (3/4 dirt to 1/4 sand), if you use the dirt sand mix, you should bake it to kill any bacteria insects, etc. that may be living in the soil. My opinion is the wood bark would look better as a jungle floor setting.

02/13/10  06:42pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2123156

New cage setup

well here is something close what i was thinking of doing in the 75 gallon tank. and the size of my carpet python.

02/18/10  09:09pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

New cage setup

bump

03/01/10  10:44pm

Nelson jacobson
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2128654

New cage setup

nice snake, and very decorative cage.

04/25/10  01:37am

Limblesspetsrule
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2124645

New cage setup

beautiful snake I am looking into getting a IJCP

01/11/16  07:12pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

New cage setup

youtube.com/watch?v=jjUwCbOYxgo&feature=youtu.be
theres a video of my jungle carpet enclosure im working on. 90% complete. just needs logs set up. and water feature installed.

03/11/16  04:29am

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area