Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CarpetPythons Forum

Steven11788   Sra   Red Ink AUS   Carpet Blood Ball   Steven11788   Steven11788  
 Member  Message

Steven11788
View Profile

So i need some tips

So the expo is in jan, already have a cage for my RTB, definatly getting my first morph, and been obsessed with carpets for about a month, so what a good species that can fit in a tub, say a 72 qut, not pressed for money but for space, I’ve heard and read differant science names for them, but not common names, so what a tub friendly species, saw the ap cages, and pvc stackable and don’t wanna pay that much, but will if i have to, also the ones i’ve seen are quite high. i’ve seen brian keep his in tubs on the snake bytes, and if i decide to get one he will be out of his cages several hours a day

12/19/09  07:31pm

Sra
View Profile

Message To: Steven11788   In reference to Message Id: 2106383

So i need some tips

You’re planning on keeping your snakes out of their cages for hours a day?
I would really not recommend that... since we keep our animals in cages to keep them safe and their husbandry right. I don’t know where you are but where I am it is awfully cold and it’s a little tough to keep the house warm... especially during hard economic times.

Pretty much any snake can be kept in a tub. All of my babies and sub adults are in tubs, the rest are in plastic boaphile cages. I have a Morelia Bredli (Centralian carpet python) and I kept him in a sterilite tub until he grew to be five foot, then I moved him into a 4X2 boaphile.

Sorry for my ramble lol.

12/21/09  11:56pm

Red Ink AUS
View Profile

Message To: Sra   In reference to Message Id: 2107105

So i need some tips

Mate i don’t know the dimensions of a "72 qut", but if you have the space to build up as in a tall enclosure. There are species of carpets that are more aboreal, mainly the jungles "morelia spilota cheynei" for one. Alternatively you could go for a chondro instead (still in the morelia sp.) and they are aboreal. Jungle pythons and Green tree pythons can be kept in a 2x3x4 (LxWxH) as adults happily. That way you don’t take up much floor space just height.

12/22/09  05:34pm

Carpet Blood Ball
View Profile

Message To: Steven11788   In reference to Message Id: 2106383

So i need some tips

hello it been a while since ive gotten on but i saw your post and i said wow i think i could help you. i Have a diamond x jungle carpet i got him for 90. i have him in a 20 gallon tank and i am giving him a 40 for X-mas. ill put up some pics of his new cage and setup.

12/25/09  08:41pm

Steven11788
View Profile

Message To: Carpet Blood Ball   In reference to Message Id: 2108020

So i need some tips

sorry i ment i keep all my animals out for an hors, 15 minutes with corn. 20 with bp, hours was a total time for all my babies, sorry, guess that did sound confusing, hours was the total time with all of them

12/26/09  10:49pm

Steven11788
View Profile

Message To: Steven11788   In reference to Message Id: 2108222

So i need some tips

also thanx for all the tips

12/26/09  10:51pm

Back to CarpetPythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area