Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Caimans Forum

Todd Blackwood   Servc   Todd Blackwood   Todd Blackwood  
 Member  Message

Todd Blackwood
View Profile

Short nose caiman

hey im going to the colubia sc repticon reptile show im picking up a caiman from a guy there
its called a short nose caiman its some type of dwarf caiman but i cant find much about it on the internet bout them does any one know the scientific name or something to help me out or info about them pics????

its not my first reptile i have dealed with lots of reptiles niles i have a water monitor
i have retics and lots of other reptiles so i do know what im getting into and have already setup my encloser for the caiman im just wanting info to read up about them b4 i get him or she so if u can help me out it be awsome

03/09/11  05:38pm

Servc
View Profile

Message To: Todd Blackwood   In reference to Message Id: 2208829

Short nose caiman

Paleosuchus palpebrosus and Paleosuchus trigonatus are the two dwarf caimans that i know of. Maybe its a Broad snout caiman, Caiman latirostris, the broad nose kind of makes it look short in the pictures i have seen of it. This site has some information on all three of the above speices. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/cnhc/csl.html
Hope this helps you some.

03/09/11  09:06pm

Todd Blackwood
View Profile

Message To: Servc   In reference to Message Id: 2208862

Short nose caiman

awsome thanks man the guy im getting him from never gave me much info about the caiman all i know is its a type of dwarf..when i pick it up saturday ill post some pics of him or she and maybe then u could tell bye some pics lol but yeah i cant wait im getting the caiman for a killer deal 150 hes just charging me what he pays whole sale also getting a killer looking albino purple retic for 175 only reason im getting these to at these prices is bcs ive helped him out alot now its my turn to get some deals lol

03/10/11  01:43am

Todd Blackwood
View Profile

Message To: Todd Blackwood   In reference to Message Id: 2208896

Short nose caiman

i got him i was told he was a Spectacled caiman possable crossed with something
let me know plz if u think hes a 100 % full Spectacled or is he crossed with something

also if anybody knows a good site to order some caiman pellet food let me know plz and good bran and ect

03/13/11  07:51pm

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area