Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Caimans Forum

 Member  Message

Tbone21
View Profile




 Bacterial infection

My Caiman has bacterial infection I found out. I was told to use turtle sulfa dip to clear it up. I was told it came from my pH being low and my nitrates being high. I added nitrate removing material to my filter and am bringing the pH up. My question is the turtle sulfa dip is made for small amounts or water so have to use like the hole bottle for one dip (thankfully he is only 2.5 feet right now) but is there something else to use or keep using this? I was told to use it at strength recommended but to olny leave in for half hour vs 1-3 hours and to wash off good afterwards.

01/05/10  03:35pm


Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area