Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Caimans Forum

RePtIcMoNiTeR   Tbone21   RePtIcMoNiTeR  
 Member  Message

RePtIcMoNiTeR
View Profile

How to properly set up a baby caimen terrarium???

Im going to be getting a baby caiman soon but i have to figure out an easy functioning way to set up an enclosure for him without doing unneccessary things so i can focus more on what he needs, for right now i plan on using a 4 foot by 4 foot kiddy pool with about 1/3 filled with gravel kind of like a gravel beach, i might put a couple potted plants in, and i have a bark hide that i was going to put in there, my questions are, for the short time that hes going to be in this pool should i buy a filter or just wait untill he outgrows this and i build him his second home? Also can he climb the plastic sides? its 18 inches tall and the water/land area will be about 6 inches from the bottom so ill have a foot of height above ground level, should i build that up more or just leave it be? I would like to try and budget as much as possible on his first enclosure because i know im going to need to build him something by next year if not sooner

11/08/09  07:52pm

Tbone21
View Profile

Message To: RePtIcMoNiTeR   In reference to Message Id: 2093498

A better thing to do to give him more water to swim in is build a platform to drop the kiddie pool in and use that for the land.... you can even put a shelf over half the kidie pool thats what I did in my spectacles...

11/09/09  12:31pm

RePtIcMoNiTeR
View Profile

Message To: Tbone21   In reference to Message Id: 2093676

thats a good idea thanks

11/09/09  05:18pm

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area