Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Caimans Forum

Kelleyj32   C.   Ddash  
 Member  Message

Kelleyj32
View Profile

What is the Best kind of Caiman!

Hello, My name is Justin and I am looking into getting a Dwarf Caiman. My question to anyone that can answer this is What do you consider the better type of Dwarf caiman. I am thinking more about a Paleosuchus palpebrosus (Cuvier’s). so if anyone can give me any ideas or tips that would be great.

03/18/09  11:11am

C.
View Profile

Message To: Kelleyj32   In reference to Message Id: 1970584

I have a Cuvier’s Dwarf and just adore him. He is great. He eats up a storm and I have never had any issues with getting him to eat. This is my first caiman so I am no expert but I have found with most things if you do your researh and ask the people who have been successful then more often then not you will do well. The Cuvier is the smallest but they can have a nice little temper on them. If you work with them though not so bad. I get mine out several times a week and handle him and I have yet to have any major bites but he is only 18". If you have any other questions please ask. Like I said no expert but can let you know what has worked for me. Good luck if you decide to get one.

03/19/09  11:39pm

Ddash
View Profile

Message To: C.   In reference to Message Id: 1971611

curious on how old your 18" is. I just got one same size, and trying to find out how old roughly it is, and what it is i know its not a spec or american its definatly one of the dwarfs. thanks get back to me.

03/13/11  12:32am

Back to Caimans Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area