Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Cages and Enclosures Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dreadspark   Lizardchic   Dustincarpenter2482   Dustincarpenter2482   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Dreadspark
View Profile

DIY ENCLOSURE Build Log And Arising Questions

I’m prepping my mind and getting ready to tackle building a Huge Enclosure for my two baby water monitors for now... I do have a few questions before i start going out and buying materials...

I plan to make a massive enclosure... Perferabbly the front made out of glass... or plexi glass.. whatever works.. But I have come across a problem...

I want to make the cage half aquatic... or 1/3 aquatic.... What materials could I use that would hold water?

I’ve been searching everywhere and i got no answers... I just want to make a kind of mini pond in this enclosure... Making it all out of wood doesn’t seem reasonable for holding water in my mind.. unless i’m mistaken... I’m trying to find the cheapest way to do this

For the Front i want to have 2 glass doors or 2 plexi glass doors with a lock (perferabbly the whole front would be a door so i can have full access.... ) With the bottom of the glass doors being a long Horizontal glass piece as long as the tank will be maybe about 24 inches high. So now... Any ideas on what materials could i use for the other 3 sides and the bottom to hold water? :)

Basically this enclosure but not fully glass... But dramatically bigger

09/11/13  01:50am

Lizardchic
View Profile

Message To: Dreadspark   In reference to Message Id: 2301054

This unrelated but I have that terrarium for my Leo’s. they love it. also, nice idea. i think upgrading cages is exciting.

01/07/14  05:08pm

Dustincarpenter2482
View Profile

Message To: Lizardchic   In reference to Message Id: 2302930

I would like the cage if you will bring it to me ok call me at 585-307-4523

12/18/14  12:43pm

Dustincarpenter2482
View Profile

Message To: Lizardchic   In reference to Message Id: 2302930

I wanted to call me ASAP585-307-4523

12/18/14  03:06pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Dreadspark   In reference to Message Id: 2301054

for my adult water monitor he has a pond in his cage but before in the temporary tank my friend sealed glass to make it half water and land but that was years ago when he was about 10 inches now hes 7 feet lol...but wow you have two thats double trouble lol and their destructive.

12/18/14  03:26pm

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area