Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Cages and Enclosures Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Xkabx   Xkabx   Cphill58   Xkabx   Dustincarpenter2482   Xkabx   Cphill58   Xkabx   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Xkabx
View Profile

Diy ball python enclosures.

i had a bunch of malamine panels and a lot of time on my hands recently, and one of my two bps needed to be moved into a bigger tank so instead of buying another fish tank and fixing it up i built my own enclosures. kinda bit off alittle more than i could chew on these, not that im not capable but with limited tools and living in an apartment i had many challenges i didnt even consider before i started like where to do all the cuts, i had to run an extension cord out my window and do all my cuts in the parking lot! so i had to plan alot mark 20 cuts then haul it all down 2 flights of stairs setup everything cut cleanup and haul it all back up! its still not 100% finished but all thats left to do is finishing touches and im in no hurry.

as i said i have 2 bps but i decided to make 3 tanks

3rd could be for my black milk but more likely ill get something new before she is even close to being big enough to move into it.
the floors are glass, i figured the floor would warp under the heat and humidity first so glass solves that problem and allows for easy cleanup.

chicken my adult male moved in first, poor guy, in the year ive had him he has had 4 different tanks, this one will be his home for a while. hes been in there alittle over a week and seems to like it, i mean he ate for me last night so he cant hate it right?

chicken little is my female bp, she moved in a couple day after chicken, and she ate last night as well, so seems they like it. i like it because it holds humidity soo much better than any tank i have, i know its escape proof chicken little got out twice on me from her old tank so i took that into consideration while building this, she aint getting outta that. i also like that now i can house alot more in little space, here is before it was built

kinda cluster fu#k, and now

10/13/11  04:19pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2240330

i forgot to show my dimmer drawer and table

as i said earlier i live in an apartment, and i dont really want my landlord coming in and seeing cords every where so that hides them all nicely, and when i do get around to doing the trim it will be a hidden compartment. i also have doors for the whole unit waiting to be installed so if my landlord ever does come in ill just shut the doors, and if he asks whats in there ill say my noneya, none ya business.
anyways thats been my project for the last little while, ill post again when its 100% but for now im pooped.
if you have questions or comments, ideas or your own diy tanks feel free to post

10/13/11  04:26pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2240331

Yep ...I remember NONEYA....lol

nice job brother...looks like a sweet haven for those snakes.

11/17/11  01:38am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2244497

thanks. took alot outta me building those, i did all the cuts in the parking lot. i live on the second floor, so there was alot of unneeded walking up and down stairs. now that it is done and they have been in there for a while im pretty sure i did good. ive had chicken in 3 tanks before these and in each he would be up all night "roaming the streets" as we called it, now i never see him sounds like the opposite of what you would want but with ball pythons the less you see them the better they are doing.
im in the planning stages on my next project, gonna do kinda the same but bigger for my hog island boa, same as with the bp tanks i only have one hog right now but im gonna build two tanks, we will see if my roommate figures it out before the second hog gets here.

11/18/11  11:29am

Dustincarpenter2482
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2244642

I wont the boa and tank if you can bring it to me ok call me at 585-307-4523

12/18/14  12:50pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Dustincarpenter2482   In reference to Message Id: 2311398

wow there is an old thread!

chicken little turned out to be a male and I never did get that 2nd hog but those tanks are still in use! the black milk did end up in one and the other two I turned into a tall one for my rat snake.

dustin ive never even seen 585 as an area code!! if you want the tank im in Ontario, Canada, pick up only!

12/18/14  01:22pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311400

X,

Dustin is scouring all the old threads and asking for free delivery....LOL
Some as far back as ...well this is the oldest yet...2013 and others

Ho Ho Ho ...you get nuttin but COAL

MeRrY cHrIsTmaS....

and to all a Good Night

12/19/14  08:10pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2311450

yeah ive seen him but I figured the thread was so old that an update was in order. the pic of the whole corner, I don’t have none of that stuff anymore (except the stack but its not there anymore), wish my camera worked, looks sooo much better!

merry Christmas to you to brother, have a good one!!

12/20/14  09:57am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311459

X

I had issues logging in and contacted the webmaster on his facebook..all good now

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

12/26/14  05:50pm

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area