Cages and Enclosures Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sadams   Nile/water monitors   Xkabx   Cixelsyd kniks  

Member  Message

Sadams
View Profile

Strange question for u all !

Can i spray paint a cermaic bulb with a coloured paint ?

I have a spray paint i bought from a local hardware store which is for bbq’s and stoves ! It says on the can its good up to 650 degrees c so looks like it will hold up the the heat but will it effect anything that i need to know about ?

11/21/10  06:35am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Sadams   In reference to Message Id: 2188779

I would think the heat paint would be ok for out doors, but, will it omit fumes while heated that will get trapped in the enclosure with your animal? Will it peal or flake off and get ingested by the animal? I would also wonder if the paint could shorten the life of the ceramic bulb or interfere with the proper function ( heat temperatures ) of the bulb?

11/21/10  08:33am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2188785

i dont understand, you got a bright bulb and wanna just use it for heat? i dunno, but if you paint it red it dont make it a red bulb, if thats what u r getting at. and peeling and flaking and fumes like buddy before me said, will happen and your pet prolly will eat it, just sounds bad to me.

02/19/11  08:24pm

Cixelsyd kniks
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2205858

first of why u wanna spray paint a ceramic bulb? and second not a good idea. that spray paint u have is made for stuff around the heat source. not directly on the heat source. even tho u have correct temps in ur viv doesnt mean the bulb itself is that same temp. well no one should have a bulb tht hot for any reptile. but back to my point. i use to use that stuff all the time when i was a teen (graffiti and such) i hated plan things. but from what i seen jus on a normal soft white light bulb for my room. it didnt last long befor it cracked (the paint) n began fallin off. dont remember a funny smell tho. i wouldnt do it. u dont see it anyway right?

08/25/12  09:25pm

Back to Cages and Enclosures Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area