Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

RobUK91   RobUK91   Cphill58  

Member  Message

RobUK91
View Profile

Bull snake not eating?

Hi all I recently got a bull snake from my local pet shop. He is only a fiew month old and I’ve had him for 3-4 weeks. I asked the guy in the pet store if he is a regular feeder and he said he loves his food and gave me a feeding schedule he had for him but ever since he has got home he hasn’t ate at all I will dangle the fuzzy around his hide and he will come out and look interested but never takes it and so I leave it there over night and in the morning it’s still there so I thaught maybe the enclosure he is in is too big so I put him in a RUB and put that in his enclosure because when he was in the pet shop he was in a much more smaller one. All his temps are correct he has a hide in his rub and water bowl I’m going to try and feed him again today but this time il brain the fuzzy and see if that helps I’m just a little concerned that’s all and was hope init you guys have any helpful tips or hints many thanks Rob

12/13/14  06:13am

RobUK91
View Profile

Message To: RobUK91   In reference to Message Id: 2311331

Bull snake not eating?

Never mind I decided to brain the fuzzy and he snapped it up quickly :)

12/13/14  07:26am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: RobUK91   In reference to Message Id: 2311332

Bull snake not eating?

Bull snakes are usually ferocious eaters ....but all snakes take a bit of acclimating to new surroundings... sounds like he settled right in.

Have fun ... let him teach you... dont worry if he stops eating for a few weeks in the winter or mating season (FEB - MARCH) If he is a male he will search the enclosure for hours looking for a mate. And probably go off food for a few weeks too. But come April / May he will be a pig again. When he is at least 2 years old ............

Now that he knows what a fuzzy tastes like I bet you wont have to brain it again ...

I love my albino bull snake ...almost 5 feet long, maybe a little more now.

Cheers Rob
Happy Christmas

12/16/14  03:24am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area