Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

RobUK91   RobUK91   Cphill58   Charlie_manson13  

Member  Message

RobUK91
View Profile

Bull snake not eating?

Hi all I recently got a bull snake from my local pet shop. He is only a fiew month old and I’ve had him for 3-4 weeks. I asked the guy in the pet store if he is a regular feeder and he said he loves his food and gave me a feeding schedule he had for him but ever since he has got home he hasn’t ate at all I will dangle the fuzzy around his hide and he will come out and look interested but never takes it and so I leave it there over night and in the morning it’s still there so I thaught maybe the enclosure he is in is too big so I put him in a RUB and put that in his enclosure because when he was in the pet shop he was in a much more smaller one. All his temps are correct he has a hide in his rub and water bowl I’m going to try and feed him again today but this time il brain the fuzzy and see if that helps I’m just a little concerned that’s all and was hope init you guys have any helpful tips or hints many thanks Rob

12/13/14  06:13am

RobUK91
View Profile

Message To: RobUK91   In reference to Message Id: 2311331

Bull snake not eating?

Never mind I decided to brain the fuzzy and he snapped it up quickly :)

12/13/14  07:26am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: RobUK91   In reference to Message Id: 2311332

Bull snake not eating?

Bull snakes are usually ferocious eaters ....but all snakes take a bit of acclimating to new surroundings... sounds like he settled right in.

Have fun ... let him teach you... dont worry if he stops eating for a few weeks in the winter or mating season (FEB - MARCH) If he is a male he will search the enclosure for hours looking for a mate. And probably go off food for a few weeks too. But come April / May he will be a pig again. When he is at least 2 years old ............

Now that he knows what a fuzzy tastes like I bet you wont have to brain it again ...

I love my albino bull snake ...almost 5 feet long, maybe a little more now.

Cheers Rob
Happy Christmas

12/16/14  03:24am

Charlie_manson13
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2311366

Bull snake not eating?

YES, bulls usually go nuts for food and I cant remember ever having one who wouldn’t eat. Word to the wise to everyone. NEVER BUY OR TRUST PETSTORES. MOST DONT KNOW , THEY ARE WAY OVERPRICED ON ANIMALS AND ALL SUPPLIES.

i’D DO WITHOUT BEFORE THEY’D GET MY MONEY. lOOK FOR SOME LOCAL REPTILE SHOWS OR GO TO GOOD SITES AS I SAID BEFORE, "KIINGSNAKE,COM", "FAUNA CLASSIFIEDS" AND LOTS OF GOOD SITES. ONES YOU CAN TRUST! I’ve DEALT WITH BOTH MENTIONED AND MORE, BUT FOR SNAKES KINGSNAKE HAS BEEN GREAT FOR ME. WELL GLAD YOUR SNAKES EATING. SHOULD TAKE OFF NOW. Sorry for caps, PET STORES just piss me off on ripping people off and giving misinformation! Later..

04/21/17  05:58am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area