Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

1BADBULL   Greatballzofire   1BADBULL  

Member  Message

1BADBULL
View Profile

Texas yellow bulls and stillwater bulls

I Hope Some One Can Answer This Question For Me. What Is The Difference Between A South Texas Yellow Bull And A Stillwater Bull Snake? I’ve Been Looking Online And With Pictures I See, They Both Look Similar.

05/03/13  07:42pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: 1BADBULL   In reference to Message Id: 2296770

Hello,
My name is A Marty I thought you folks would be interested to Know the origins of the stillwater hypo bullsnakes. In 1990 a good friend by the name of Bill Fitzgerald, owner of Riverside Reptile Ranch in Stanton MO, went to the Waynoka OK rattlesnake roundup. He often did this to rescue as many snakes as he could. While there he noticed a bucket full of bullsnakes. One was a real nice orange color. However he had to purchase the entire bucket. He paid $15.00 for them all. He released all but the orange one. She was a 5 foot female and obviously gravid. She laid 7 very large eggs. They all hatched. This would be her only clutch in captivity and she died 2 years later. I ended up with a pair from that clutch. In 1994 I bred them and ended up with 8 viable eggs and 2 slugs. The offspring where a mix of hypos and normal orange bullsnakes. Next year I bred them again with the same results. In 1996 I was going through a divorce and sold my bullsnakes to Ginter. I am extremely happy that so many people enjoy them. I would like to hear from folks breeding them.

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1696049,1696049

Don’t know very much about Texas yellow bulls. You can ask Jason Nelson at kingsnake.com; he is a long time breeder of many types of bulls.

My Stillwater x Kingsville bull and her daughter. The hypo one is the daughter.

05/07/13  08:48am

1BADBULL
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2296979

I Have A Bull Snake Which I Bought At A Local Shop As A Texas Hypo. I Asked Around And Spoke To Jason Nelson A Well And Sent Him Some Pictures. According To Him And Several Others That It Was A Stillwater Hypo. I’ve Never Truly Seen A South Texas Yellow Bull In Person But They Look Similar To Me Online. I Tried To Upload A Picture From My Phone But Don’t Know How. He Looks Similar To That Hypo In That Picture With A Little Bit Darker Blotches.

05/26/13  12:53am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area