Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

UninspiredForumName   Cphill58   Sandboaking   UninspiredForumName  

Member  Message

UninspiredForumName
View Profile

5 month old gopher snake feeding?

I have a 5 month old gopher snake, about 2 feet long and feed him a pinky mouse that’s about the same around as his body every seven days. Should I be doing this every five days or what?

11/29/12  06:34pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: UninspiredForumName   In reference to Message Id: 2286680

You should learn to identify the prey item...pinkie mice are not that big ...as big as your snake.

Maybe a fuzzy or hopper would be better...my 1.5 year old corns are eating small adult mice and they are no thicker than a MARKS A LOT marker. You are underfeeding as far as I am concerned.

I feed my July 2012 baby corn snakes 2-3 pinkies (1 after another)...or 1 rat pinkie...or 1 mouse fuzzy...whatever they will eat every 7 days is what they get...I want them to develop well whilst they are young ...later when they are adults (3 years) they will slow down possibly on their own.

12/15/12  05:11pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2287665

You can definitely start increasing the meals. My babies have grown very fast because I give them more than one pink. Soon enough they’ll be up to fuzzies and then hoppers in no time at all. I’m sure your snake would really appreciate some more pinks.

12/30/12  05:16pm

UninspiredForumName
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2288526

Yes, I have been giving him 2 during each feeding until I can find somewhere to buy larger frozen mice. Thanks

12/31/12  01:13pm

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area