Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

RrAaZz   Sandboaking   RrAaZz   Sandboaking   RrAaZz   Jayder85  

Member  Message

RrAaZz
View Profile

New bull owner

Im going to get a male bull snake tomarrow and i was wondering if anyone had any information that isnt on care sheats like what keeps them happy and what they like to play with. Thank you reading

07/18/12  01:17am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: RrAaZz   In reference to Message Id: 2273771

New bull owner

Hi, I own gophers, which are basically the same thing. Some like to climb on branches, some like to burrow and they all like a hide box. Feed them weekly on frozen mice. Handle them daily after they’ve been feeding regularly, unless they’re digesting or it’s been less than 3 days after feeding. They can be nippy, but they can be tamed.

08/01/12  11:33pm

RrAaZz
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2275249

New bull owner

Thank you, I put more dirt in his tank so he can burrow, and there is a nice tree next to his tank for him to climb. And he hasn’t even looked like he wanted to nip yet, hes a vary nice snake. Also the girl i got him from said she feed him one live mouse every other week, should i be feeding him every week? ( He is 3 years old if that changes anything ) Thank you again :)

08/05/12  08:07am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: RrAaZz   In reference to Message Id: 2275662

New bull owner

Thats great! As far as the feeding, if the snake is wide enough for the mouse, I don’t see why not. I’ve found these guys are pigs, so they should take frozen or prekilled easily, if that’s easier for you.

08/05/12  07:46pm

RrAaZz
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2275714

New bull owner

Ok thanks for all the info :)

08/06/12  01:47am

Jayder85
View Profile

Message To: RrAaZz   In reference to Message Id: 2275753

New bull owner

I have found that all the various Pituophis species do best by smaller meals every 4 days. My Northern Pine eats a small mouse every four days. As she grows I will up the size of the rodent to the size of the snake. The thing to keep in mind is that snakes in this genus are notorious for regurging items that don’t digest fairly quickly. As mine get to adult stage, they take rats every two weeks instead of once a week like my rat snakes. Hope this helps a little!

08/30/12  02:14pm

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area