Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Spikesmydragon93   Cphill58   Greatballzofire   PinkyPie  
 Member  Message

Spikesmydragon93
View Profile

Considering Bull/Pine/Gopher snake!

Even though i still dont understand how to tell the difference between them. But anyways i have a few sterilite bins that are not being used anymore, they used to be caging some of my other herps. I am pretty sure they are 55 gal bins, with holes in them obviously. Do you think this would be enough for an adult. Just curious, ill probably buy a baby anyways. Which will definately be okay right?

11/07/11  09:52pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Spikesmydragon93   In reference to Message Id: 2243458

From my limited experience , 3 years and 2 of each. The gopher snakes will have protruding eyes and oddly shaped heads ...almost like a frog face. I am having to exaggerate slightly but these are subjective words to try and describe them.

On the other hand the bull snake head will be very smooth and subtle with no protrusions/ eye bulging...I will have to take pictures of the gopher snakes to compare to my bull snakes...will post them tomorrow or so. Also bull snakes have some large girth that most gopher snakes will never achieve. Some well cared for bulls can reach 8 feet where gophers might reach 6 and be more slender.

Cp

11/08/11  03:43am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Spikesmydragon93   In reference to Message Id: 2243458

My Pacific gopher Gonzo.

An old picture of my bulls. Bulls have a wedge shaped head with a sort of blunt snout while gophers have a more slender head with a more pointed snout.

A bull I wish I owned.

Pituophis get big fast and will need a cage at least 2 x 2 x 4 ft as they are also active snakes.

11/10/11  07:52pm

PinkyPie
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2243763

Personally I dont think they would be that happy in a bin for their entire lives but thats me.They are diurnal and are pretty active snakes when given the opportunity. I have a really nice Sonoran gopher and she is awesome.Great personality, hissy sometimes but never bits.Not too huge like a bullsnake but still big.I dont know much about the bullsnakes though I know I want one pretty badly.

11/11/11  02:35pm

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area