Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Imderrickjed   Xkabx   Imderrickjed   Xkabx   Tupi1   Imderrickjed  
 Member  Message

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Snakes new home

They have not moved in yet. Im big into giving animals a nice home so when I had the chance to pick this up for what I assume to be VERY cheap I had to. Its sitting in a 02 S10, so you can picture its size. It has a built in misting system, heating system and its HUGE. Hoping the bull snakes enjoy this when its ready to move in. What do you guys think? Hope I got a good deal on it, If not well its too late because I already bought it.

09/20/11  03:11pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Imderrickjed   In reference to Message Id: 2237671

Snakes new home

if you got it for or around 400 you did really good, heck id pay 6 for something that big with heat and misting. what did u get it for?
i try to spoil my animals as well. im in construction of a tank right now it wont be anywhere near that size or as nice and ive spent over 200. glass isnt cheap, the thicker the glass the more money it costs.
nice pickup!! please post what you paid im curious.

09/21/11  11:17pm

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2237833

Snakes new home

I gave 250.00 for the unit. Its also on heavy duty casters and moves very easy. It has full lighting, Storage, locks and and it came FULLY stocked with Rock, branches, water bowls (rock style) and most of that was new. I have it in the small garage. I want to see what tempature it keeps when it gets cold out. My snakes are use to the cold having been wild and living in IL, but I hope it maintains at least 70 degrees. There will be a few inches of real dirt followed by 6 inches or echo earth. It has heat lights plus 4 heat rocks. Lots or room.

09/22/11  09:45am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Imderrickjed   In reference to Message Id: 2237852

Snakes new home

you did very good!! you prolly already know this but hot rocks arent good for snakes, they fail and when they fail they get retarded hot and snakes dont know the difference between hot that is good and too hot. even if you gotta spend a couple bucks to get the temps you need i say you scored.

09/22/11  03:05pm

Tupi1
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2237877

Snakes new home

That is a sweet deal if it has all the heat etc too.Why keep it in the garage, looks like a living room display to me.

09/23/11  07:53am

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Message To: Tupi1   In reference to Message Id: 2237940

Snakes new home

Im married thats why its a garage home for the snakes. I agree it would be nice in the house, but its also so big and heavy it would be hard to get it inside. I dont like heat lights, I dont care for heat rocks. As of now my snakes dont even use the heat rock thats inside the cage, but these are bulls and garters so they dont drop dead in the cold. They were wild in IL when we got them so they have lived through a couple winters already. the heat rocks are more for looks them anything I guess. Im just making sure that when its cold out I can get some heat in the unit. Its really thick wood, there are side vents that close. It should work out nice. Just need to scrub it down. He had a huge snake in it and I dont want to risk mine so Ive let the cage sit empty for 5 months, I will scrub it clean and let it sit a little longer. As of now I have the two garters, two bulls and two water snakes all living together.

09/23/11  08:46am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area