Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Imderrickjed   Greatballzofire   Imderrickjed   Greatballzofire   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Bull snake bite

I made a classic mistake. I put a feeder mouse in the feeding cage. I got bully out of his living cage. ully is a 4.5’ bull snake who was sleeping in his cocunut shell at the time. To get him out of the shell I showed him the mouse. Once he saw it he started coming out of the shell. I reached inbtween him and the mouse to open the see thru feeding cage and BAM! bully bite my figure and wrapped around my hand nice and tight. I followed the rules, and dod not panic. I looked him over and could see he was all teh way around my finger. He has a great grip! I couldnt think of anything to do so I took a picture. Kind of blurry, maybe because I had a big snake attached to one hand. I called the kids in to see, Then I called the wife to see. Then I started to wonder how Im going to remove him. I refuse to hurt and animal. after a few minutes I stuck my hand in thet feedcage. he saw the mouse and must have figured it would be more easy to kill. He let go of my and grabbed the mouse. Now I have 30+ pin prickes on my finger. all in all a pretty funny event. Hes always been a friendly snake and I have had him out after the fact. these things happen.

03/01/11  10:12am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Imderrickjed   In reference to Message Id: 2207567

Bull snake bite

LOL! I would love to see the photo you took!
One time I reached in to pick up my big Pacific gopher to put her in her feeding tub, and she bit me on the forearm. Then she looked really embarrassed, like sorry about that! I had just got done washing mouse cages and although I had washed my hands, my fore arms still smelled like mice.

Not a bite picture, just how big she was then. She is twice that size now! Normally she is a very gentle soul.

03/01/11  11:27am

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2207574

Bull snake bite

First pick if you look close youll see the underside of his mouth. He got a full bite on me.

This next pic is after he let go, normally they dont do this much damage, but I was moving and he has trying so hard to kill me. He kept moving his bite so I got a lot of blood and snake slobber.

Keep in mind the blood is just from his top teeth. The bottom left blood on the other side of my finger. Oh and you can feel it when he bites.

03/01/11  03:35pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Imderrickjed   In reference to Message Id: 2207610

Bull snake bite

Yep, you got nailed! LOL! Their teeth may be small but they are very sharp!

03/01/11  06:24pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2207649

Bull snake bite

LOL....nice story ...my 4 footer tagged me by mistake as I offered a fresh killed...he got the skin above the back side of the palm. Had to wait over 30 seconds for him to let go...sharp little teeth they have indeed....lol

Cp

03/02/11  11:41am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area