Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Just Curious~   Just Curious~   Greatballzofire  
 Member  Message

Just Curious~
View Profile

Can you house two male pacific gophers in the same tank?

I said no, but I’m not an expert that was just a general guess since it applies to most snakes.

The reason I ask is because I’m looking to buy a couple for breeding and in this forum on another site I mentioned that I had a 2’ x 4’ x 2’ already and was looking for some more tanks for them.

Someone said that I could keep two adult males in the one 2’ x 4’ x 2’ tank to save space as long as I feed them in seperate tanks. I wasn’t sure about that so I thought I’d get more opinions. Personally I’m worried that the snakes would get stressed out.

The males I’m looking at have just a few inches size difference between them and currently they’re housed next to each other in a rack system so it’s not exactly sickness spread that I’m worried about. It’s more stress and lack of space that gets me.

I want to hear what you guys say though because if what he’s saying really is true and they CAN be comfortably housed together then that would be really nice~

THANKS!

02/07/11  10:48pm

Just Curious~
View Profile

Message To: Just Curious~   In reference to Message Id: 2203697

Can you house two male pacific gophers in the same tank? ADDED DETAILS:

Me again -

Someone on that same forum said that guy was wrong because he said "males" instead of "females"...
So does that mean if I had two females then I could keep them in the same tank? Obviously I couldn’t if I was breeding them, but if I was just holding them as pets then would that work...?

Or do those guys on the other forum have no idea what they’re talking about? XP

02/07/11  11:03pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Just Curious~   In reference to Message Id: 2203701

Can you house two male pacific gophers in the same tank? ADDED DETAILS:

I have all my pits in pairs except for feeding time, at which I separate them. I don’t see any problem having two males or two females together as long as they are both well fed in separate containers, and are about the same size.

02/08/11  12:16pm

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area