Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Jackie_03   Greatballzofire   JackAsp   Jackie_03   Greatballzofire   Jackie_03  
 Member  Message

Jackie_03
View Profile

Angus :)

Angus is my northern pine, she just started waking up. But still hasn’t eaten. I am not worried, I took these pictures when she was out and about.

02/02/11  11:32am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Jackie_03   In reference to Message Id: 2202711

She’s a pretty girl!
My pituophis are all waking up and eating again; making a dent in the mouse population! LOL!

02/03/11  10:25am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2203048

My apartment thermostat is on the fritz big-time these last three weeks, with my bedroom often dropping in a few hours from 81 to 59. My bull, Winkle, is the only herp in that room, and seems completely oblivious to the cold blasts. Granted, it’s a big cage, and he had two warm-end hides. (Because he likes to use warm-end hides as bathrooms, so since the cage is wide enough to offer two, I work with him and make both of our lives easier. I assume that on recent cold nights he has been sleeping in whichever warm hide was cleaner.)

02/04/11  12:42am

Jackie_03
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2203169

Thanks she is a real character! She actually ate something today, she has shown her self to be a shy eater. Weird? Maybe its because she hasn’t ate or been handled in about 3 months. Oh well at least she got a taste of food again.

-Jackie

02/05/11  05:56pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Jackie_03   In reference to Message Id: 2203410

My Pacific gophers snakes vary in temperament; Lorenzo on the left will eat from my fingers, but his sister Zumbida will generally only eat if I put her food under their hide with her. I feed them separately, as he is a big pig and would probably eat all her food.

My pair of bull snakes are the same way; the male Alfonzo being much more relaxed about feeding, also being a hand feeder. Zoey used to be very shy, buzzing her tail at me, but she is much better now. She is on the left.

I was going to conclude that males are generally tamer and bolder than females but with my other pair of Pacifics the male is shyer. She is the redder one.

And with my one big Pacific, she is an eating machine!

These are all old pictures. Time to update the album!

02/06/11  11:48am

Jackie_03
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2203478

Love the cat checking the big Pacific out, yeah I have to put the mouse in a paper towel roll under the bedding in the dark. Thats how shy she is!

02/08/11  06:49pm

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area