Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Elicastro3000   Gerbil5   Imderrickjed  
 Member  Message

Elicastro3000
View Profile

Bull snake info

I need info on bulls be specific, i need info on housing, temperament, and if i can keep 2 together without problems

11/17/10  06:37pm

Gerbil5
View Profile

Message To: Elicastro3000   In reference to Message Id: 2188211

Bull snake info

Bull and gopher snakes are easy to take care of. House it in a minimum 15 gallon tank. A heat lamp with a bulb watt 50 or higher will keep it warm. A water bowl is essential. As for substrate, you could use a wide variety, such as sand, bark, and reptile carpet.
You can keep two together at any sizes without trouble, but make sure they are well fed.

11/23/10  02:15pm

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Message To: Gerbil5   In reference to Message Id: 2189156

Bull snake info

Feel free to email me at
I have two bull snakes living with two Gardner snakes.
I can tell you the feeding habits, cleaning and so on that has worked for me.
Also I would love to disagree with heat lamps, but that’s a whole different story.
My snakes have been happy for years now, well at least two.
And before anyone says you cant mix these two snakes keep in mind I have, and its worked.
All four snakes were picked up from the wild at different times and locations. All four are different sizes. All four get along great. Many times sharing a sleeping area. Also I have NO heating light and never will. Snakes are really healthy growing and eating well. I dont just deal with snakes, i have a cat, Dog, ferrets, snakes, toads, frogs, lizards and from time to time Bats.

03/01/11  09:59am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area