Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

DyJohn   Greatballzofire   DyJohn   Imderrickjed  
 Member  Message

DyJohn
View Profile

What is normal?

So I finally got Jasper to eat by feeding him a live pinkie. But now he is back to hiding all the time. Before he ate he was roaming his cage and would hide in one place for a while then move to another, then another. But since he ate on Monday he has dug a hole in a corner and stuck to it...I gave him 3 days after eating to take him out and handle him. He was very sweet (I think I have actually fallen in love with the little guy) and behaved perfectly. When I put him back in he eventually made it back to his corner and bunkered down again. I am happy that he ate and probably just need something to worry about until I get really used to having him...but is this normal behavoir? I really enjoyed seeing him move around the cage and explore. It made me think / hope that he was happy and comfortable in his new enviorment, but now he is back to acting like he was when we first got him.

10/16/10  12:46pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: DyJohn   In reference to Message Id: 2181468

What is normal?

After snakes eat they like to go to their hide place and digest their food in peace. This is a time of inactivity. When the food is digested they get hungry again and will come out and look around, generally for another meal.

10/16/10  08:06pm

DyJohn
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2181540

What is normal?

Thanks for the reasurance...and putting my crazy at ease.

10/16/10  08:18pm

Imderrickjed
View Profile

Message To: DyJohn   In reference to Message Id: 2181544

What is normal?

Mine dont hide, but they can sepnd long amounts of time inbetween eating. More this time of year then any other.

10/21/10  09:51am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area