Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Reflex   Greatballzofire   Reflex   Greatballzofire   JackAsp   Reflex   Reflex  
 Member  Message

Reflex
View Profile

My gopher and former Pine

Just thought I’d share a couple pics.

Here is my rescue gopher. He was 200g when I got him (and the same length he is now), now he weighs 600. This is a pacific gopher right? I’ve gotten a few opinions on what he is.

Here is a Black Pine I used to have. She went from being alert, active and very healthy, to missing a few meals, to having a bad shed, and unexpectedly dying one day. I don’t know how old she was (she was a rescue as well) but judging by her size, she was old.

06/21/10  03:15am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 2157239

Hi, reflex!
Nice gopher. He must have been awfully thin to have been only 200 grams upon rescue and now weighs 600 grams. What was he rescued from? I have rescued several snakes from cats and relocated them to my friend’s place, since he has a major gopher infestation in his yard and no cats. His yard is surrounded by forest so its unlikely the snakes would get on a road to get hit by cars, either.

This is my 08 Pacific gopher Gonzo, who now weighs in at over 600 grams.
Sorry you lost the pine. That was a beauty.

06/22/10  09:22am

Reflex
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2157523

Thanks, and what a pretty gopher!

I rescued him from a pet store. They had just gotten him from someone who thought this gopher was a devil snake (even though the only thing he has ever done to me was make quiet hissing noises.... sooooo scary -_-). He was living in a horribly dirty 40 gallon tank and had no water, and he was very weak because he was so thin. I still think he looks thin, but he’s a lot better than he was. I also rescued 2 ball pythons, one of which I also kept. When I got him he was 546g, and today (at the same length he was when I got him) he is over 1400g.

Here is the gopher a couple weeks after I first got him. The flash actually smoothed him out. In person you could easily see his ribs and the wrinkles of extra and dehydrated skin.

06/22/10  10:01am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 2157533

It’s plain to see the ridged spine on the poor fellow. It looks like he was at least able to have a shed, after you rescued him.

Thanks for the compliment on Gonzo. She has never needed rescuing; she is a hearty eater and is growing at a good rate.

06/22/10  04:28pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2157639

Well, if there’s one thing that’s fixable with those guys, it’s needing food. Looks like he still remembered what to do with his mice!

06/22/10  10:36pm

Reflex
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2157742

Hah yeah, he’s only ever missed one meal with me, and that was a couple months ago when he was producing crazy sperm plugs... obviously he was feeling a little too frisky to eat lol.

06/23/10  12:38am

Reflex
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 2157762

Just weighed him, 621g

06/23/10  04:26am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area