Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum

Greatballzofire   Cphill58   Greatballzofire   Cphill58   Greatballzofire  
 Member  Message

Greatballzofire
View Profile

My Cats Go Herping!

They trapped this little girl (65 grams) under the swimming pool ladder platform. I guess she was attracted to this area because of the tree frogs that are breeding in the pool. She is a nice little snake, not hissy or tail buzzing. I think she is an ’08.

I am feeding her a live fuzzy tonight but would not be surprised if she doesn’t eat right away. If she eats within a week or so I may keep her, if not I will release her at my friend’s place where there are no cats but lots of gophers.

04/15/10  09:20pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2140922

My Cats Go Herping!

Just beautiful ..!!! thanks for the great image...

04/17/10  12:12pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2141260

My Cats Go Herping!

Thanks! Also I should thank Mother Nature and Lady Luck! LOL! Mother Nature for the snake and Lady Luck that I got to her before the cats did her any harm.

She just ate her first couple of live pinks in the feeding jar over the UTH covered with a little towel. This makes her officially a keeper!

04/17/10  04:07pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2141329

My Cats Go Herping!

Sweet...

As work takes me all over the state of UT , I am hoping to find some sort of natural species....it would be spectacular to stumble upon an elusive ringneck ...or a great plains gopher. The larger populated areas seem to be void of anything...including lizards.

Oh well it’s spring and lots of gardening / planting to do...veggies and fruit are prolific at this time.

04/18/10  12:22pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2141492

My Cats Go Herping!

She likes her paper towel tube; must feel like home (gopher burrow).
If I lived in Utah I’d maybe see about calling on Jason Nelson, who is a noted breeder of pituophis and kings.
Link
His stock is awesome and he is a really nice guy. That would save one having to wander around flipping boards and rocks ,but then maybe not as much fun! LOL!

04/19/10  10:27am

Back to Bull-Pine-Gopher Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area