Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BeastMother   Cphill58   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

BeastMother
View Profile

Boa Caging

Im living in a small room for a year with my boa and was looking to get a new habitat because mine is breaking. I know snake habitats can smell, but would an open air terrarium make the whole room smell more or would it not be a real problem?

07/23/15  01:35pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: BeastMother   In reference to Message Id: 2314300

Boa Caging

Is the open air terrarium a net mesh type?? Im a little confused here?
If it is the net mesh type the boa might be too strong for it eventually. And yes the fecal odor will indeed make the room smell until you clean it up or it dries considerably. Regardless of the enclosure type.

Like this ??
http://www.petco.com/product/111932/Zilla-Fresh-Air-Screen-Habitat-for-Reptiles.aspx

I use simple green non toxic cleaner diluted with 75% water to clean a 2x2x6 enclosure then rinse well with a spray bottle of water and dry with towels. Another simple remedy is white vinegar followed by a water rinse.

07/26/15  04:19pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: BeastMother   In reference to Message Id: 2314300

Boa Caging

Both your room will smell bad....i have large snakes like my red tail,albino burm to meduim dwarfs like dumerils,hogs and nics and when i spot clean it smells bad lol not to mention the urine uhh. A wire mesh cage isnt good for any other reptile in my opinion then a chameleon or any other herp that need fresh air habitats. Wire mesh can mess up their mouths bad best bet is a rack or build a cage.

08/27/15  05:02pm

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area