Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sabertooth_chris   Takahiro111   ReptileLover200  

Member  Message

Sabertooth_chris
View Profile

Amazon tree boa feeding?

I just purchased my first Amazon Tree Boa about a week ago and she has not eaten since then. When i asked the original owner when they last fed her they told me they fed her on Wednesday may 14th. I bought her sunday may 18th and ive attempted to feed her thursday the 22nd but she wasnt interested then i attempted again today to no avail. Im sorta worried that she just wont eat. They were feeding her live mice but i have no clue where to buy those let alone have any place to keep them so i feed my snakes frozen mice. Please help because i really dont want to lose her.

05/24/14  10:20am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Sabertooth_chris   In reference to Message Id: 2305280

Amazon tree boa feeding?

If he’s been feeding it live for a long time the snake will refuse f/t rodents. It took me a month to get my burm to switch over to f/t rabbits or rats. Is it going in shedding? Is it showin. Signs of illness?

05/24/14  05:05pm

ReptileLover200
View Profile

Message To: Sabertooth_chris   In reference to Message Id: 2305280

Amazon tree boa feeding?

My Amazon Tree Boa eats frozen thawed mice. I have tried live and he would always kill it but never eat. I would try this:

1. Make sure the mouse is fully thawed.
2. Make sure the mouse is pretty hot so the Boa can sense it with his heat pits.
3. If he doesn’t bite and constrict while you are trying just drop the mouse in the cage and walk away.
4. As soon as he bites and constricts close the cage and leave the room. Check back in 5 minutes.

Also if you do want to try live mice you can go to your local Petco (PetSmart for some reason they aren’t allowed to sell mice for feeders at the one near me) and just ask the people for a mouse and they will get you one.

Hope This Helps!

08/14/14  06:36am

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area