Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Staypuft   Sandboaking   Critterdude  

Member  Message

Staypuft
View Profile

Viper boa?

I want to start off saying I am not new to reptiles, and especially not snakes, I have kept wild caught gopher snakes, garters, and a wdb rattlesnake (VERY DUMB IDEA, I LET IT GO THE NEXT DAY) and was wondering if a viper boa was a good snake? I know little more than that they are smaller, need high humidity,and not "tame" at all, but I want a good boa/python that won’t need a huge space and won’t get too big (I think four feet is my max) I was looking at bumblebee ball pythons but want a little more "unusual" snake, as I just like being weird like that.
Thank you,
Berk

12/13/12  03:10pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Staypuft   In reference to Message Id: 2287568

Viper boa?

Captive bred is the key! W.cs are known for being really hard to feed. If you like strange snakes, howabout a blood python? They’re basically giant sausages. And some sand and rosy boas are pretty odd too. Maybe some sunset indian sands? Or rubber boas?

12/14/12  04:05pm

Critterdude
View Profile

Message To: Staypuft   In reference to Message Id: 2287568

Viper boa?

I have one of these snakes and they are very difficult to feed.mine has not eaten in a while and I’m about to break down and buy an anole to feed it. He is the most picky eater. Once started with anything but mice it is hard to get them back. He is very high maintenance. If you have the time and devotion i will sell you mine for cheap because he is still young and easily agitated so my wife wants me to get rid of him before my daughter is born next month.so if you want him or know someone who may contact me via email cuz i am too busy nowadays to care for him and my wife is uncomfortable doing it. Make sure when you contact me to remind me why you are doing so.a marine lifestyle takes its toll after a while.lots to remember all the time.btw his name is demon he is a dull brown but with a beautiful pattern and very healthy build.he has a skin infection right now because as i said he is h high maintenanceand i was not able to care for him properly until my wife was able to move here with me.i have already taken him to the vet and have him on antibiotics for it. This was a result of lack of humidity becausei work such demanding hours i want able to keep his humidifier full with water.he willrecover fully and in short time.i was unprepared.and he had to pay for it.

02/26/13  10:20am

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area