Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boalover2   Foyetthesnake   Boalover2   ShadowAceD  

Member  Message

Boalover2
View Profile

I think my boa is sick can anyone help me

He finished his first shed a few days ago he had a good shed but it went over his feed day so I waited a day after he shed to feed him and he took his food ok then the next day we went out n when we got back in my partner locked in the tank and seen he had regurgitated his rat now today he is not moving and it might sound silly but it looks as if he as lost weight can anyone help me and tell me if he is ok im really worried about him.. Also it seems his head is stuck in one position I hope he is ok..

10/13/12  02:03pm

Foyetthesnake
View Profile

Message To: Boalover2   In reference to Message Id: 2282783

well for one thing if its been that short of time he probly hasnt lost weight its just your imagination. If he isnt moving he may me hungry and he may have regurgitatid because the portion is to big for him to eat at once, have you fed him the same portion before? Even if you have its still possible its just to big for him to swallow at once, i have a creamsicle corn who when started on fuzzied could eat them whole no problem, but later on started to regurgitate the whole ones. Try cutting the mouse in half. And as for his head he is probably just resting. But if your seriously worried about it and the position of the head continues to stay the same you may want to get him checked. Hope this helps

10/13/12  11:14pm

Boalover2
View Profile

Message To: Foyetthesnake   In reference to Message Id: 2282810

thanx for your reply, sadly my boa passed away on sunday morning I think the rat I gave him was poisoned. It really hurt me n my partner n I have a female boa n I no she will miss him too.. Im abit scared of feeding my female incase it happens to her. Can anyone give me advice on what to do,, thanx

10/15/12  01:49pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Boalover2   In reference to Message Id: 2282882

Were you keeping him in the same enclosure as the female?

10/17/12  07:46pm

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area